• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The newlyweds and their new pad!

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Okay, so it's literally JUST got the basics in at the moment. It's been thoroughly neutralised, new lino has been put down, and the only stuff I've used in there is totally new.

DISCLAIMER - Yes, I know the hutch is only a 5x2 double tier. Yes, I know that's too small for two rabbits. I want to give this bond the best chance to work and if that means confining them to a smaller place than recommended for a few weeks then that's what I will do. They were originally going to get supervised run time every day, but I was advised that moving them around too much could do more harm than good and could unsettle them. They will eventually be getting an attached 6x4 run but I might do this after a few months when Nahla may be able to join them. Please do not fill this thread with countless "that hutch is too small" comments and ruin my happiness at at least getting a pair, I've worked sooo hard and they are much happier together than they were alone.

Overview-

DSCF0776.jpg

Benji says "Welcomez to my new housies!"

DSCF0775.jpg

The hay corner: large litter box and hanging hay racks

DSCF0774.jpg

Lovely vet bed and double food dish to help with sharing! :)

DSCF0778.jpg

The hallway area, modelled by Cupcake

DSCF0779.jpg

The newlyweds:love:

DSCF0782.jpg

There's still more I want to do, like add the run, but I also have a hutch sign, light and mirrors to put up :)

Here's some pictures of Nahla from this morning, so she doesn't feel too left out:love:

DSCF0783.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

Last edited:
They look so cute! :love::love:

So glad they are getting on well. I completely agree with keeping them in a smaller area to cement their bond, there is no need to have to justify yourself

They look so cute! :love::love:

So glad they are getting on well. I completely agree with keeping them in a smaller area to cement their bond, there is no need to have to justify yourself

I was just worried all people would focus on is the hutch, which isn't the point. The point is that at least two of my bunnies have a partner now, and are much happier than before.

And thanks:love:

aww they are all so cute! :D

Benji and Cupcakes new home looks lovely and tidy. :love: I love the flowery fleece, where did you get it from? (I know it probably says on a youtube video but I can't remember. :oops: )

TBH the hutch doesn't even look small for them, they look to have lots of room and when the runs attached it will be great! :D:D

aww they are all so cute! :D

Benji and Cupcakes new home looks lovely and tidy. :love: I love the flowery fleece, where did you get it from? (I know it probably says on a youtube video but I can't remember. :oops: )

TBH the hutch doesn't even look small for them, they look to have lots of room and when the runs attached it will be great! :D:D

The blanket was £2 from tiger:D

And thankyou:D xx

Hope everything goes well for these 2 :love: :love:

The hutch if fine no one will think bad of you. They look so tiny in there too! :lol:

The hutch is fine!!! Fingers crossed all goes well.:wave:
By the way they are all beautiful bunnies.:love::love::love:

You need a smaller space to cement a bond, so its important to keep it snug to start with :)

B&G were in a 4x2, then 4x3, then 4x4. The 4x4 was their permanent home for a week and a bit i think before i allowed free-range into the living room, then no more for a week or two again, before allowing hallway and further etc.

I think you've done really well so far :)

Love the blankets etc, looks very cosy for them :love:

Well done!

That looks lovely! :love: All three of your buns are very cute and well done for all your work :)

I really appreciate all the support, last time I posted pictures of this hutch I ended up so upset I nearly left:lol:

Back