• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing deterent... help please

honey61

Mama Doe
Teddi has taken a fancy to a certain door frame & skirting... & O/H has had a dicky fit about it this morning :roll: (its really not that bad... a bit of a rub down & repaint & you wouldn't notice ;) )

I've tried 'chew stoppa spray... but I think our Teddi is a bit partial to it, so it has ceased to act as a deterent .... so...

Anyone got any ideas what else could be rubbed onto the framework to deter him?

You might try vinegar, and in the meantime provide the buns with lots of other stuff to chew - willow balls, apple and pear branches, olive twigs...
Although my belief is, as long as you have rabbits some piece of furniture will get chewed, the same that a cat will damage something with his claws sooner or later. Pets are not for those who always want a perfect house...

Thank you.. will give vinegar a try :D

ETA I am actually more corncerned about Teddi consuming the paint than decoration. It is an old house, in a room that has yet to be decorated & I have no idea what paint was originally used.

Last edited:
Lots of toys and other stuff to chew but it might just be that he is just being a bun and wants to chew. You could bun proof the room with puppy panels?

if you find anything that works, let me know!! i try to block off eric's fave chewy places (like the front door) and put some cardboard nearby:)

Back