• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of my hutch renovations for Starfish, Floppy and Millie

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from everyone's lovely pictures of their buns accomodation which they have painted, I decided to have a go at the one which my trio live in.

Before I post these pictures I need to add a disclaimer. I know that these types of hutches are very much frowned upon however I have done the best I can with it since I cannot afford a new one. This is only their overnight home and they are free range in the garden during the day. I have taen the partition out of the upstairs part so it is one big open space and I have a piece of wood which I fit over the mesh door in winter. I also added the run at the side to give them more room during the night.

Ok, here we go.

FullHutch.JPG

FloppyRun.JPG

Floppy exploring the upstairs part and making sure the towel is his!!

FloppyUpstairs1.JPG

Millie checking out the view from the hay basket.

MillieBasket.JPG

Starfish looking cute!!

StarfishposeNew.JPG

And trying to pluck up the courage to go through to the run

StarfishRun.JPG

Last edited:
It looks great and love the colour-way.

You're doing the best with what you've got, so if you get any negative comments, ignore them. Remember what some buns have to live in :wave:

It looks great and love the colour-way.

You're doing the best with what you've got, so if you get any negative comments, ignore them. Remember what some buns have to live in :wave:

Thank you, that's very kind.:wave: I just know that there have been threads which have commented on these types of hutches and for some reason they are not liked. I don't know if it's because they are marketed as a hutch and run which I think is wrong but as a hutch it is 7x2x3 with a sleeping area of 2.5x2. They now have 44sq feet overnight which I am thrilled with!

It looks really pretty the way it's painted. You can see you love your bunsters and want to give them the best as it's decked out with all the essentials. 44 square feet is 4 more than my two have and they don't free range all day.

Love your setup!! what brand lavender paint have you used? Im having a hutch built and i want to paint it a nice colour rather than just the norm!

Looks fab :) I love the colours and of course the bunnies :love:

Could I ask where did you get the run from? I'm looking for one like that

It looks really pretty the way it's painted. You can see you love your bunsters and want to give them the best as it's decked out with all the essentials. 44 square feet is 4 more than my two have and they don't free range all day.

Thank you! I am becoming known as the mad bunny lady in the area!!:lol:

Back