• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I want another bunny...

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I'm getting broody of everyone's trios! :roll:

I have found a little boy neutered Nethie on Gumtree not too far from me...I want SO bad...he's brown with black points and 3, just a nice age to be a friend to I&J.

<link removed>

Should I? Would a 10ft x 6ft shed be enough? I'm going to Inverness on Tuesday ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should think about it thoroughly before going ahead if you only *think* you want another rabbit.

Trios don't always work so you might end up with a single.

We were going to make our pair a trio, but decided that it would probably be easier to bond a 4th bunny at the same time to just to break the ice and avoid bullying....which may backfire!

It's do-able :) Just make sure you've got a spare hutch/run free to give them the time they need to adjust :)

Sounds like plenty of room. :) If you are seriously considering it then I would get a bun from somewhere where I and J can have a few meetings with the new bun to see if they get along. I understand you are very far away from rescues so if you cannot adopt then it would be best to get a bun from a "responsible breeder" or a good sounding free ad. :) Good luck with what ever you decide!

Sounds like plenty of room. :) If you are seriously considering it then I would get a bun from somewhere where I and J can have a few meetings with the new bun to see if they get along. I understand you are very far away from rescues so if you cannot adopt then it would be best to get a bun from a "responsible breeder" or a good sounding free ad. :) Good luck with what ever you decide!

Thanks for this! I have found one on Gumtree, he's 3 and neutered and vaccinated. She says she will take him back if the bond doesn't work, so I really think this is possibly a good idea. :D Just need to make sure my parents don't mind another bun on the property! :lol:

Otherwise, I have 2 spare sheds, so could keep another bun if really needed.

Thanks for this! I have found one on Gumtree, he's 3 and neutered and vaccinated. She says she will take him back if the bond doesn't work, so I really think this is possibly a good idea. :D Just need to make sure my parents don't mind another bun on the property! :lol:

You really can't trust anything they tell you on these ads.

You really can't trust anything they tell you on these ads.

Not all Gumtree ads are bad, Islay and Jura are good examples of that :wave: Plus, I can always vaccinate myself and check if he is neutered. If he isn't, well, I won't take him. If he is, then all is well!

Wow I am getting WAY ahead of myself here... :roll: It was always my intention to get a male once the girls were spayed and the new shed built, it just so happens, I found one quicker than planned!

Plus, it has to be a Gumtree ad, as no rescues will rehome to me because of my area, and no attached run.

Last edited:

sounds good. :) How far away is bun? Might be best to see if you can visit him before you decide whether to get him. Also do you know why they want to re-home him, has he ever lived with other rabbits? :)

i read the ad before the link was deleted and in honesty, i think it sounds like she's more interested in the money. sorry :oops:

it's up to you what you want to do though of course :)

I'm not really bothered about the money :wave: £15 isn't a lot for a neutered vaccinated Nethie IMO.

sounds good. :) How far away is bun? Might be best to see if you can visit him before you decide whether to get him. Also do you know why they want to re-home him, has he ever lived with other rabbits? :)

She just says due to a change in personal circumstances :wave: he lives beside an entire bunny and apparently does't like him. I'm going to speak to her first I think, I'm going to be there on Tuesday anyway.

Back