• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crazy bunny!!

mummysboys

New Kit
I bought 2 lionhead bucks last Sunday, brothers 9 weeks old. one blue and the others a light grey. I got them both home and they were fine. I left them both to settle in for 2 days and then got them both out into the living room. My blue one left me hold him - tried to move a bit but wasnt nothing i couldnt control. When i picked my grey one up he would calm down and tried to jump out of my hands.

I put them both on the sofa to play and explore and my blue one came over to me for fuss where as my grey one ran and got on the back of the sofa. then every time I go to stroke him or pick him up he runs off, where as my blue one lets me hold him, stroke him and pick hin up with a little figiting.

I don't know how to tame my grey one when he lets me no where near him.

Please someone help!! Xx

:wave:That all sounds pretty normal tbh, if they are quite new to you and their new home and the lounge, most rabbits don't like to be picked up, it's better to let them get used to you a bit by letting them approach you while your sitting or lying on the floor, give them a little treat like a sprig of dill or parsley and gently stroke them but give them time, most rabbits would prefer not to be picked up given the choice but there are of course exceptions to every rule.

Sounds like you just need to be patient and let them get to trust you first and explore their new home :)

Agree with Vicki, most rabbits dislike being held. In their minds it's like a predator has hold of them. They are far happier all four feet on the ground.

Back