• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with our bunnies (Accommodation)?

What should I do with the bunnies?

• Divide the enclosure so they have half for each pair?

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Bond pairs together so they have the whole enclosure?

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Not as ominous as it sounds!

Our enclosures are getting a little tired, so we're looking to rebuild them this year.

We have a couple of options:
1. Build an enclosure and divide it into 2, so each pair can have a half each. The enclosure would be 12' x 12', giving each pair approx 6' x 12'.

2. Or, we could try and bond the bunnies and then they could have the whole enclosure between the 4 of them.
We have Salt and Pepper - 2 nethie brothers who are 7 years old and have been bonded together all that time.
Daisy-Boo (girl) and Pippin (boy) who are around 2.3 kg each and have been bonded for about 2 years.

The pairs can see and smell each other across the garden at the moment and there has been no referrred aggression, but I'm worried to upset their pairings.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I've voted divide the enclosure...simply because you might find they unbond themselves down the line and you need 2 enclosures.

Oooh, quite surprised by the poll so far! I though there'd be more votes for the bonding!

What would do if they fell out? Have you space for four?

I've been in a similar situation, I tried bonding, it almost worked but eventually broke down fortunately the existing bonds remained pretty strong.

So I don't know. :oops:

I voted divide for the fact that you have two seemingly very happy pairs and this works very well. I have never tried bonding before but reading the threads I have read, it looks like a bit of a gamble.

Im just wondering if you tried bonding and for some reason it failed, would you still have the remaining two happy pairs afterwards?

In my little brain, I was thinking their enclosures wouldn't be very big, so bonding them together would give them more space.
Actually, 12' x 6' is quite big, isn't it, and they would also have extra run time on the grass.
They are very happy pairings at the moment and it would be a shame to upset that.

Back