• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEDGE A POUND - June update -POST 45 - OUR BEST MONTH YET!

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
By now most of you will know that Pledge a pound was started in March last year, it’s aim was to highlight and help the lesser known rescues, especially the ones that receive very few donations or have no fundraisers organised for them on the forum.

How can you help?
- All we ask is that you pledge a minimum of £1 a month you can send your donation via cheque or bank transfer (please pm me for details) or Paypal to pledgeapound@hotmail.co.uk (please send via gift with your forum name) you can also pay in advance if you prefer:D

Last year we were able to help 3 rescues a month, however, the amounts they received varied, as the donations can vary each month, so to try and make it a little fairer, I’ve spoken to Denise and we’ve decided to pay a set £75 each month, therefore, if we only raise £170 in the month, 2 rescues will each receive £75 with the remaining £20 being carried over to the following month (hope this makes sense:oops:).

If each of the rescues has received a donation before the end of the year, we would like to bank the money for the Christmas fundraiser so each rescue receives at least 2 payouts a year.

So again thank you to everyone that has been involved, remember donating £1 a month really does make a difference:D

I will update the thread with a weekly total, and the names of the people that have sent their pledges so far, please pm me if I’ve missed you off the list, I do sometimes forget to update this post (especially if the forum is down):oops:

We are hoping to have a special fundraiser at the end of August:D fundraisers are currently being organised to help towards this and so far they have raised a total of £119.00

A big thank you to KarenM for her beautiful crochet bunnies (you have to be quick to adopt one:D) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286915

Helgalush for her pub quiz http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287763

Poppymoon and Eric for their lovely jewellery and other items which can be found in http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Tiger_Lily and Jaysmonkey both with items for sale http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=53

If you are unsure of any of the above or would like an email to remind you to pledge each month please contact either myself or Denise (Bunnyaddict) or search the previous threads under my user name:D

Last month we raised £262.50 - 3 rescues each received £75 which left £37.50 which will be added to this months total:D

Donations received so far this month from

Abbymarysmokey
Antigone
Attilathebun
Aurora
Becki20
Bink
Bisc&matt1
Blackberry&Co
BobbleG
Boudicca
Bunlover
Bunnybabe
Bunnybunny
Bunnymadlisa
Bunsterfied
Caerleon
Camp Nibble
Carolinemm
Cherylwares
CRBevis
DavidT
Debster
Elaine
Elaine35UK
Esupi
Foofy
Giantbunnymummy
Gillyflower
Grin
Halfpenny
Happy Hopping
Helgalush
Honeybunny
Honey61
Hunnybunny2007
Hurricanhoney
Jaypot
jpp
Karenm
Kayj
Kermit
Kirsty&lola
KMDaniels
*Lily*
Liz1966
Loula
Loulabell
Minilop1
Miss Minnie
New baby buns
Nikki26
Orange
Pol287
PomandRi
Poppymoon
Pudding777
Rabbit April
Rabswood
RNGP Welfare
SDF76
Sundance123
susieb1
Susie bun
Suzanne
Tilly2484
Tuckerbunnies
VanessaB
Webble
Yaretzi

There are now 26 rescues supported by PAP

Brinsley Animal Rescue
Fife Rabbit Rescue - New addition
Kirkby Pet welfare (Represented by Tracy)
Southampton Rabbit Rescue - (represented by CRBevis)
Sue's Rabbit Rescue
Tameside
Underhill Rescue

Winning rescues so far this year:D

Ark Animal Rescue (Represented by Bunnymadlisa) -January winner
Hopper Haven- January winner
RNGP Welfare- January winner
Windwhistle Warren - January winner

Halfpenny - February winner
RSPCA Walsall (Represented by Becky86) - February winner
The Rabbit Residence (Represented by Lib_n_bunny) - February winner
Wilford Rabbit Refuge - February winner

Bunnyburrows - March winner
Bunnyhops - March winner
Ebony Eyes - March winner
RACR - March winner

Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue - May winner
Honeybunnys- May winner
Jane's Rabbit Rescue - Warwick - May winner

Barnsley Animal Rescue - June winners
Camp Nibble - June winners
Fat Fluffs - June winners
The Rabbit Retreat (Snowy) - June winners
Furry Friends (Represented by Demons Soul) - June winners

We are unable to accept any more requests from rescues to join Pledge a Pound this year.

One final thing, if a rescue closes or is no longer accepting new arrivals (not because they are full) then they will not be eligible to participate - we are sorry but we feel this is only fair to the remaining rescues that are actively running a rescue or sanctuary:cry:

Last edited:
Hiya,

sent my payment on the 2nd so does it count for June instead of May? Think I got a bit dopey with the months :lol::oops:

Hiya,

sent my payment on the 2nd so does it count for June instead of May? Think I got a bit dopey with the months :lol::oops:

Hiya

It was received on June 2nd so it's for this month, I hadn't checked all the payments when I posted the thread, so I've just updated it with you on the first post. Thank you for joining Pledge a Pound:D

It's only the 5th of June and already we have a total of​

£32.50

There's also last months money carried over of £37.50​

Which gives a combined total of​

£70.00

that's almost enough for one rescue already, please keep your donations coming and lets see if we can help 4 rescues again this month:D

Hi,

Have just done this, but being a paypal newbie, forgot to add my user name.

Doh!

Just sent mine for June by bank transfer:)
also realised I forgot to change the description last month, so the payment I sent at the end of May for May actually said it was for April! :( sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

Have just done this, but being a paypal newbie, forgot to add my user name.

Doh!

Thank you for joining us:wave:

Just sent mine for June by bank transfer:)
also realised I forgot to change the description last month, so the payment I sent at the end of May for May actually said it was for April! :( sorry for the confusion.

Received - thank you:D

Halfpenny - Louise, thank Mike for the message please, it always makes me chuckle:lol:

oops, i forgot this month... off to pay now by bank transfer :wave:

eta: done now :wave:

just said to o/h i forgot to pledge a pound this month and he said 'you know pledge a pound is money yeah, it doesn't mean putting a pound on in weight!' :shock::lol:

Last edited:
Thank you to the regulars that have continued to support this fundraiser and hello to the new ones that have joined:wave:

We are already a 3rd of the way through June with a total of​

£58.00

There's also last months money carried over of £37.50​

Which gives a combined total of​

£95.50

Please remember all we ask is a minimum of £1 a month, this really does make a difference to the rescues and sanctuaries involved:D

£75 can pay for a cost of a neuter - which could help a rabbit find a forever home, this also frees up spaces at the rescue to help other unwanted rabbits - £1 does make a difference:D

You can send your donations via paypal, bank transfer or cheque, please pm me for details if you are unsure, donations are taken up until 5.30 pm on the last day of each month - then one of my bunnies chooses the rescues that will benefit that month

Back