• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Are Rabbits So Difficult?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abi2047

Mama Doe
I'm going to lose my patience with rabbits very shortly! The 2 babies are stars, apart from the mess they make, which is a lot! Riley on the other hand is being a pain in the backside! Wont get into the carrier for me so he can't go outside for a run in the garden, keeps hiding under the bed, no matter how hard I try to block it off. He was litter trained but now doesn't use it, I don't mind poo on the carpet it's just the wee as it stains. I should of just stuck to guinea pigs, much easier than rabbit! :lol:

Last edited:
Are you completly sure? Am I right in thinking he came from preloved (or similar) and they said he was done? It's completely possible they lied :evil:

Are you completly sure? Am I right in thinking he came from preloved (or similar) and they said he was done? It's completely possible they lied :evil:

Could you get some pics of his bum? I'm sure some people would be able to tell :)

Hiding under things is natural behaviour for rabbits (becuase they live underground in the wild), although it's very inconvenient for us hoomins if we want to move them from one place to another.

Hiding under things is natural behaviour for rabbits (becuase they live underground in the wild), although it's very inconvenient for us hoomins if we want to move them from one place to another.

He has other things to hide under/in. Why is it that their favourite place is somewhere they're not allowed? :evil: :lol:

Yes, the vet confirmed it. :wave:

ahh :thumb:

In that case he's just being a bunny :lol: the litter training should kick in again soon, hes just marking atm, is there anyway you can reduce his space for a short while? It may help :wave:

He has other things to hide under/in. Why is it that their favourite place is somewhere they're not allowed? :evil: :lol:

Because they neeeeed it. Plus if the space belongs to someone else they need to make it theirs to assert their dominance :)

ahh :thumb:

In that case he's just being a bunny :lol: the litter training should kick in again soon, hes just marking atm, is there anyway you can reduce his space for a short while? It may help :wave:

The only way I can reduce his space is by putting him in a room with the babies, which could work.

I thought you had Riley next to the girls abi?:?

Im sure I seen on facebook him on one side of the room and the girls on the other, unless Im going crazy again:lol:

Putting Riley in with the babies may make him have more of a need to mark his territory out.

It wont matter once he's in the pen with them because it'll have a tarp on the floor and he wont be able to get underneath my bed then.

I thought you had Riley next to the girls abi?:?

Im sure I seen on facebook him on one side of the room and the girls on the other, unless Im going crazy again:lol:

Yeah that's how it is but he keeps going underneath the bed because there is nothing to block it as the girls are using the pen.

Yeah that's how it is but he keeps going underneath the bed because there is nothing to block it as the girls are using the pen.

Ahh right, he is most likely having little accidents because of the girls, my lot will poop like crazy if they smell another rabbit.

I don't get it :lol:
You said you were gonna put him in the room with them but he already is in the room with them?

If he hasn't been in the same room with them long he might calm down on the pooing everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back