• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Sick Wild Parrot..U/D Lost Him.

Lobo

Mama Doe
We have wild Crimson Rosellas visiting for feeding every day. Today this little male came on his own and appeared to be unwell with his feathers fluffed against the cold wind. He allowed me to approach within a foot and then allowed my OH to pick him up in a towel. We have him inside in a warm area with food and water and a snuggle safe, but he looks as though he is infected with Chlamydiosis caused by the virus-like bacteria Chlamydia psittaci which is zoonotic to humans in the form of Psittacosis, so physical contact needs to be minimised with lots of hand washing in between.

We are hoping he will survive the night and get him to a wildlife rescue and avian vet tomorrow.

Any spare vibes will be put to good use.

DSCF1940CR.jpg

DSCF1936CR.jpg

DSCF1941CR.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry to say we lost him overnight. :cry:

The disease was too far advanced but at least he was warm and comfortable.

Poor thing. I've taken a wild pigeon to the vets with the same thing and it was in a terrible state :(

Bless you for trying xx

Back