• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long did it take to litter train your bunnies?

Charlie was perfect within a few weeks of being neutered
Millys just used it since she came to live with me

Hello! :wave:

Apart from Nutmeg mine were all pretty quick at grasping the concept. Once they were neutered and given a box with hay they pretty much did it all naturally. Nutmeg just took a little longer to settle and stop marking with poos and wees in corners.

My girls took months after their spay to get litter trained. When I moved a litter trained male in with them it really helped. My latest addition took one day to litter train and she hasn't been spayed yet. :)

Gertie just seems to automatically use her tray. She does do the odd poo outside of it though and when running in the garden, she has her favourite al fresco poo places. :lol:

Ive recently trained my little girl Charlotte and it only took her a few days to get it :D Just make sure you clean up and descent (vinegar is good for this) any accidents as soon as possible so that she doesnt think thats a wee spot :wave:

Mylo took a whiles as he was only 8 weeks old when we got him, he finally got the hang of it but every now and then he would wee on the chairs, he used to poo EVERYWHERE though but the night we brought him home after his neuter he didnt do any poos apart from his litter tray, it was weird how quick it happened!!! and to this day he has been the same!

Dizzi and Rascal used the litter tray straight off ......until I brought them in for the winter when they decided that ok they'd use the litter tray for weeing but would just poop randomly wherever they pleased.

I hoped when they went back outside they'd re-train themselves but so far they haven't. Some of it is my own fault as I dont like to think of them eating the hay they're sitting/pooping/weeing on and they won't use a manger so I just plonk a big pile of hay in their hutch and one in the run and they sit there and poop as they munch!

Happen I should stop mollycoddlying them and just let them get on with eating out of their litter tray only!

Back