• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Jimmy! :)

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Foster bun Jimmy went to his new home today! :D

He's the cutest and friendliest bun I've ever known. I hope he loves his new home and parents, and his new wife Poppy. :love:

Goodbye Jimmy, I'll never forget you! :wave:

Jimmy140b.jpg

Jimmy139b.jpg

Jimmy146b.jpg

Jimmy147b.jpg

Jimmy148b.jpg

Jimmy152b.jpg

Jimmy158b.jpg

Jimmy163b.jpg

Jimmy177b.jpg

Jimmy181b.jpg

Jimmy183b.jpg

Jimmy184b.jpg

Jimmy185b.jpg

Jimmy142b.jpg

Jimmy174b.jpg

Awwww, what a little sweetie he is. :love::love::love:

It must be very rewarding (and a little bit heartbreaking :cry:) to see them go off to new homes. :love:

I was really worried about saying goodbye, thought I might burst into tears! :oops: But it was OK. :) I was happy to see him go to a great home with people who really care. :)

And there's a chance his new mummy might join RU and post pics of him snuggling his new wife! :love:

I would most definitely have cried. :oops: :roll:

I hope his mummy decides to join us here though. :D :thumb:

Oh he's such a cutie. Hope his new owner joins up so we can pics of him with his new friend.

Job well done :)

I've already cleaned out the foster room ready for new arrivals! :oops: It helped to think of the next buns I can help out. :) Not a loss, just a change. :)

I have no idea what I'll get next! It's so exciting! All I know is that a pair of buns need a home urgently due to a divorce.

No idea on sex, colour, size, breed... Could be anything! :)

Lovely pictures, it must have been sad to see him go, but happy too that he's got a friend and a new family :love:

Looking forward to your pics of new arrivals.

Jimmy Settling in Well

Helen, a quick update.

Jimmy has settled in well - he is a very calm and unassuming rabbit! We have Poppy and Jimmy partitioned off in the hall and they have been sniffing each other through the mesh in eager anticipation and rolling on the floor in front of each other to show off their fluffy tummies. We tried a brief introduction but there was a bit of a power struggle (he tried to mount her and she refused to let him), so I think we shall let them get used to each other first and then try again at the end of the week.

Wish us luck with the matchmaking!

I missed the good news about Jimmy going to his new home. :oops: Very best wishes for the bonding. :wave:

Hi! :wave:

Thank you so much for the update! :) I'm so glad he's settled in well. I hope he's being a good boy and giving you lots of snuggles! Sending lots of happy bonding vibes xx

Thanks for all the good wishes and vibes. We may need them at the end of the week when we try and introduce them again!!!

Jimmy Update

We introduced Jimmy to Poppy 13 days ago and since then the rabbits have been through confusion, aggression, indifference and now acceptance. At the beginning Jimmy spent about 2 days persistently trying to mount poor Poppy against her will. There was a lot of running around, fur pulling and some bitting but in the end they finally calmed down. Jimmy continued to chase Poppy but she soon realised that she could easily out run him (she is very quick) and he eventually gave up.

We then moved them into their permanent cage and run (in the dinning room) and Jimmy was very good with his litter tray and they both ran around together sniffing out the cage and room.

Today they get on okay, although I am not sure they love each other yet. Jimmy eats like there is no tomorrow and so Poppy has had to try and keep up (or starve!). He is also a bit like an adolescent teenager with her, as she nuzzles and licks him but he does not repay the favour and instead still half heartedly tries to mount her. I think this may change as his hormones continue to subside. After saying that, he is a lovely addition to the household - friendly, inquisitive and fun.:D

Thanks Helen for doing such a good job with fostering him and for introducing him to us. I hope you have a similar success with your new foster buns.

NB - I shall add some images when I work out how to do so on this forum.

Back