• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How is everyone keeping their bunnys cool?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what we're all doing!
Mine have the window nice and open, cooling tiles, cold water to drink, a tub of frozen water wrapped up in fabric that they can sit near and they have MY fan to keep the air nice and fresh around them! :lol:

How are your bunnys staying cool?:wave:

I've done a Pimms (chilled water, with coriander, mint, strawberries, raspberries, apples and cucumber in), and a wet towel

My two have ice pods and their little fans on them. The windows are open and the curtains drawn and they have fresh water.

Frozen bottles to lay on, all hutches in the shade, and I give them a tile I run under a cold tap every few hours, not that they bother to use them :roll: :lol:

Frozen bottles of water, a couple of those ice blocks that you use for picnicing and I have put some ceramic tiles in the hutch since they stay nice and cool - Buddy loves to flop out on them :D

The slabs are cold in their run, I have brought some therma wrap to insulate their kennel to keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter, I need to get some ply or hardboard to cover this though

They have ice pods

I like the idea of the tiles! Brilliant.

It was pretty windy here today so Bramble and Bungee stayed pretty cool anyway, although they did have their sun brolly up!

I thought someone on here once mentioned some little clip on battery fans you can use for bunnies. Does anyone know about them, what they are like, or where to get them please? I only have one fan at the moment, and it's a plug in one.

Also are ice pods like freezer packs?

We have the clip on fans, I will see if I can find a link as can not remember where we got ours from.
Ice pods are like the heat pads only they go in the freezer!

Windows open, fan on (not very good but it keeps the air moving).
He also has the option of frozen water bottles but he just looks at me with disgust.

He tends to flop out in line with the fan or on the roof of his cage (his cage us under my desk and there are sheets over both ends to give him some privacy and security, I guess it's pretty cool under there haha.
I might get an icepod to put on top of his cage as it's not the safest place to have a bottle, it'll just roll around and squish him I fear.

I make him bunny 500 cup pimm's too as a treat, with added ice cubes which he enjoys licking

So far he's been fine as my living room is quite cool, had the windows open earlier though.
We brought an icepod yesterday so we're all prepared for when it gets warmer.

Back