• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please!! Thinking of ways to raise lots of money for bunnies...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I am shortly going to be starting volunteering at the local animal rescue (Bleakholt) on the bunny section. I am just so desperate to make their lives better, they currently live in stainless steel hutches on top of each other in a shed, but take turns to go out and play in several runs outside with tunnels and hidey holes. I might be dreaming of the impossible here, but I would like to raise enough money to build them a new shed, where they are all on ground level and have constant access to outside runs. I would be so, so happy if I could achieve this :D

Firstly, if anyone has any ideas of how I can raise a lot of money I'd be very appreciative! I have thought of doing a parachute jump with a few other people, and getting sponsored, but I think i would need big companies to sponsor me in order to raise the amount required...
Secondly, if I was to do something like that (which terrifies me, by the way!!!) how many of you would be willing to sponsor me?

Thanks guys :wave:

Last edited:
I am shortly going to be starting volunteering at the local animal rescue (Bleakholt) on the bunny section. I am just so desperate to make their lives better, they currently live in stainless steel hutches on top of each other in a shed, but take turns to go out and play in several runs outside with tunnels and hidey holes. I might be dreaming of the impossible here, but I would like to raise enough money to build them a new shed, where they are all on ground level and have constant access to outside runs. I would be so, so happy if I could achieve this :D

Firstly, if anyone has any ideas of how I can raise a lot of money I'd be very appreciative! I have thought of doing a parachute jump with a few other people, and getting sponsored, but I think i would need big companies to sponsor me in order to raise the amount required...
Secondly, if I was to do something like that (which terrifies me, by the way!!!) how many of you would be willing to sponsor me?

Thanks guys :wave:

I would :wave:

You could do lots of little things; open day, cake sale, raffle tickets, car wash, do talks at local schools etc

One thing you could do (which my students do to raise money for things like World Challenge) is to pack bags at a supermarket.

How about writing/visiting several businesses in the area who sell sheds/wood etc and seeing if they will donate anything? Or if they would supply a shed in return for having their business name used as an official sponsor by the rescue (a sign on the shed and their logo on any publicity by the shelter)?

Would it be possible to get several small sheds instead of one large one? That way it would break down into more achievable chunks for fund raising :)

How about writing/visiting several businesses in the area who sell sheds/wood etc and seeing if they will donate anything? Or if they would supply a shed in return for having their business name used as an official sponsor by the rescue (a sign on the shed and their logo on any publicity by the shelter)?

Would it be possible to get several small sheds instead of one large one? That way it would break down into more achievable chunks for fund raising :)

That's a great idea!

Personally I don't believe in sponsering people to do things, like skydiving for example. What's the point? If I want to support the cause I'll donate to it anyway. I don't want to pay for my friend to risk their life. Besides, it must cost quite a lot of money doing something like that - you might as well just give the money straight to the charity!

Would you be allowed to collect outside supermarkets? don't know how it works, but I used to raise money for Red Cross that way.

That's a fab idea, thank you!! :wave:

Back