• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At the vets tomorrow .... dreading it!!

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
I don't even know how I'm going to get them in the carrier!! Treats don't work as they go in one at a time and if I shut the carrier with one in and the other twigs, I've got no chance of getting the second one in!!

How do you get yours in? they have a 6ft x 15ft enclosure, so its a nightmare trying to catch them ... they're just too quick!!

They get soooo stressed out going to the vets, and tomorrow we're using a new one so I'll be stressed as well (although they've put in the diary that I'm petrified of dogs so that when I get there they can 'assess the dog situation' in the waiting room)! so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad!! But I just feel soooo guilty putting them through it!! I know its for their own good in the long run and that they need their vaccs ..... but it doesn't stop me feeling mean! :(

Do you have a puppy pen panel set at all? You could catch them in an area to get them?

I've had to do this in the past, as Biscuit is VERY cautious as soon as he sees the carrier :lol:

Do you have a puppy pen panel set at all? You could catch them in an area to get them?

I've had to do this in the past, as Biscuit is VERY cautious as soon as he sees the carrier :lol:

Brilliant idea, thanks!!! :thumb:

I had a pen thing for when they were indoors after their neuters, I could get them in that and make it smaller (its a folding panel one) so they're in a much smaller area!

Now I just have to find the bloomin thing!! :? :lol:

Brilliant idea, thanks!!! :thumb:

I had a pen thing for when they were indoors after their neuters, I could get them in that and make it smaller (its a folding panel one) so they're in a much smaller area!

Now I just have to find the bloomin thing!! :? :lol:

Yes i remember the one from your post-spay/neuter pics :)

That'd be perfect!

I keep their carrier open in their room all the time, so they are used to hopping in and out for fun you see. :thumb:

This then means they aren't so scared when they see it, as they view it as their hidey holee

My two have their own room in the house, but I have sectioned off a small area of it so that if needs be, they can be shut in there... honey is a nightmare to catch, she also thumps at the sight of the carrier - I do let them play in it, but without the door attached, so as soon as she sees the door she's gone!!! I hate it as much as you, Honey gets so scared :(

I keep their carrier open in their room all the time, so they are used to hopping in and out for fun you see. :thumb:

This then means they aren't so scared when they see it, as they view it as their hidey holee

I did this once, left the carrier in the aviary for them to play in. When I came home there was fur all over the gaff - and quite a bit of it was in the carrier ..... it was the only thing that had changed so I assumed they'd had a falling out over it so took it out again!

They play in it now and again when I'm there ....... but they never both go in at the same time! (crafty little monkeys)!

My two have their own room in the house, but I have sectioned off a small area of it so that if needs be, they can be shut in there... honey is a nightmare to catch, she also thumps at the sight of the carrier - I do let them play in it, but without the door attached, so as soon as she sees the door she's gone!!! I hate it as much as you, Honey gets so scared :(

Its horrible isn't it!! I'm hoping tomorrow won't be as bad as usual because we're going to a vets that's only a 10 min drive ..... usually its 45 mins in the car each way and that reeeeaally stresses them!

Fingers crossed!!

Biscuit hates the carrier so much he knocks it over if its left in their area :lol:

Blimey! He really doesn't like it does he!?! :lol:

I put treats in it but they run in, grab em then are back out again like greased lightening! :lol:

Blimey! He really doesn't like it does he!?! :lol:

I put treats in it but they run in, grab em then are back out again like greased lightening! :lol:

:lol:

Biccy digs the contents out, so we can't leave it with hay etc in it :lol:

Hope you manage it :)

Good luck. :wave: Spenser doesn't mind his carrier as he got used to it when I had a broken arm last summer. He also has it in the run if the grass is too damp for his cardboard box after rain.

Back