• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who put your shed together?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
And if you got someone to do it for you, how much did you pay them? I see some sheds come with an option for it to be delivered and erected, charging £200 or more :shock:

My Dad has refused to have anything to do with it (in his minds rabbits belong in a hutch or in a pie), so I was going to ask my friends son who is a builder. I'min the process of painting the shed, weather treating it, then I thought I'd ask him if he would.

But how much to pay? It's 10ft x 6ft.

As long as the base is level and firm you should be able to do it yourself with just a friend. All you need is someone to hold it whilst you put some screws in.

As long as the base is level and firm you should be able to do it yourself with just a friend. All you need is someone to hold it whilst you put some screws in.

Oh really? Oh that's a much better idea then... I just don't want to get it wrong :lol:

I'd say £18-£20 per hour + travel costs. So if you got a local handman it may work out much cheaper :)

I'd say £18-£20 per hour + travel costs. So if you got a local handman it may work out much cheaper :)

Thanks for that. I'll try myself first, my Dad will likely laugh at me though, so I'll probably get the guy. He only lives down the road and his Mum and brother work here anyway, so its not far for him to come.

Back