• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-homechecking?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
When you move with a rescue bun, would you be re-homechecked? I know it sounds silly....but how soon after the move would you expect to be checked? I wouldn't want the checker to think I was a bad bunny mummy cause everything was still a bit higgledy piggledy :?

I wouldnt necessarily think so, depends on the rescue though i think.

I would hope i wouldnt need to be homechecked again, or Kris from Starlights might have a long old journey :lol:

I never have been. But then, Sorrel's rescue didn't know I'd moved.

Has you rescue contacted you to say they'll be visiting? :?

I wouldnt have thought so no. I suppose I homechecked myself for the cats F and E as they are all from the rspca. I think it would be more of an issue if you moved a cat to near a busy road or a dog to an unfenced garden

Part of my adoption contract with the Rab Residence says that I agree to let Caroline know if I move house so that she can re-home check and/or check accommodation again. I guess in practice it would depend on the individual circumstance. If you were leaving the bunny shed behind, potentially you could be moving them into a shoe box, but if you've got something like a happyhutch combo which you can just flatpack and move, then it's less of an issue.

I guess I wouldn't expect a re-homecheck for a good few weeks after moving so that there's time to settle everything down again, and I would hope that most rescues would recognise that.

I never have been. But then, Sorrel's rescue didn't know I'd moved.

Has you rescue contacted you to say they'll be visiting? :?

No, I've texted her to ask but had no reply :?:?

Part of my adoption contract with the Rab Residence says that I agree to let Caroline know if I move house so that she can re-home check and/or check accommodation again. I guess in practice it would depend on the individual circumstance. If you were leaving the bunny shed behind, potentially you could be moving them into a shoe box, but if you've got something like a happyhutch combo which you can just flatpack and move, then it's less of an issue.

I guess I wouldn't expect a re-homecheck for a good few weeks after moving so that there's time to settle everything down again, and I would hope that most rescues would recognise that.

See, both B&M are freerange house buns. Their accomodation will change mostly cause of that. Depen ding on whether the hutch they use as a poo box survives the move they may be moved into a large dog crate instead. However, they are never shut in there, unless their safty depends on it (like when we had workmen fixing the roof who were in and out of the back door)
I'll be having an RU husewarming gatheing though.....so if I need rechecking I'm sure someone would be happy reporting back :wave:

We weren't, but when we adopted Oidhche Angie knew we were going to be moving soon after. Most places will probably assume that if you're responsible enough to set up a good home first time round, you will continue to if you move home.

I know its different, but I've moved house and adopted a dog from the same rescue without needing a homecheck :wave:

Back