• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dylan being a norty bun

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I let Sue and Dylan free range in my jungle of a garden when I'm home from work. Sue is poorly and Dylan is elderly with arthritis and they are usually both really good at staying visible and not going under the shrubs or into the thick brambles.

I went to put Sue to bed. No problem, easy to see and pick up. Went to look for Dylan. No sign. It was getting dark and Dylan is now grey so I started to panic. Asked Pippa (cat) to help me but she was more interested in hunting. I eventually found Dylan right at the back of thick trees and brambles. He never goes to that part of the garden usually! There was no way I could reach him. I begged and pleaded with him but he wouldn't move and when I tried to crawl underneath he ran away. For an elderly bun he can move when he wants to.

In the end I gave up and came indoors covered in scratches and with a rash on both arms where the pine had triggered an allergic reaction. I kept worrying about Dylan being eaten by a fox and was contemplating sleeping outside. Went out again and found him but again he ran away. I got a stick to push the brambles down at one end and he popped out the other and I managed to grab him and smothered him in kisses.

He is now tucked up with Sue none the worst for his adventure and I am trying to find something to put on my arms which are itching and driving me mad. I will have to put him in a run in future - no more free ranging for him:(

He is usually so good, I think the increased metacam has made him feel more active, which is lovely to see.

Have you taken an antihistamine? that will help with the itching...I would go and get a shower and wash all the irritant off you:roll:

Glad your bun is feeling better and you got him back (but bet you had an awful scare:shock:)

Norty Dylan indeed! I'd have been panicking too, and also would have been planning a night outside on the sun lounger with a quilt :lol: Glad you got the little tinker back in, and yes nice the metacam is making him feel better but you could do without him doing things like that!

I get like that with pine trees too, it normally had gone by the morning, but the wash and antihistamines suggested by Helen01 is a good idea, hope the itching goes off soon

Oh Karen I really want to laugh. :oops:

So naughty, but at least it sounds like he had fun.

Use to have that trouble in the old garden and had to use a soft brush broom to shoo them out from under the bushes.

I've had a shower and my arms don't feel like they are on fire any longer:) I know when I had an allergy before I reacted badly to one of the medications my GP gave me so I am wary of antihistamines as I can't remember which one I had a problem with.

I used to let all the buns free-range but had to stop it because I just couldn't catch them as the garden is so overgrown. Poor Dylan has just spoilt it for himself as I can't risk that happening again. They have runs but they are much smaller than the whole garden.

He doesn't normally move far so he must be feeling a lot better:) I'm pleased as I was worried he was in a lot of pain and it may be kinder to let him go to the Bridge. He is eating more since I increased his metacam too and is keeping his bottom cleaner - which is a relief.

I told him all about the danger of foxes if he stayed out overnight but he didn't seem bothered. Buns seem to think they are invincible.

I just hope he isn't telling Sue how much fun it was. I don't want to have the same problem with her tomorrow:shock:

:lol: dylan you norty bun...he looks so innocent too:shock::love:

hibiscrub wash...and sudocrem....ive had to do this cos of bluebell ripping into my arm when im trying to medicate her!!

berties on the dose for 17 on the doggy metacam.....i dont think he can have it highered anymore:(

what is it when a bun full of pain decides theyre a spring bunny??:lol:

Back