• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boredom Breakers!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Evening

I am thinking of ideas to make the house a more exciting place for Maple. She has boxes with holes cut out, two large tunnels (which she loves!), balls with bells in (which she totally ignores) a treat ball (totally ignored) and a few other card board boxes that she enjoys running through and nibbling at.

I was considering getting a cat tree so she could if she chose to, scratch at it (rather than my bedroom door!) and could use it to jump on as i know she likes to get up high on my sofa. I was just thinking a one or two storey one with a little hidey hole at the bottom but wondered if anyone had any other ideas or suggestions of specific cat trees.

I hate leaving her at home while im at work and want to make sure she has as much stuff to keep her occupied as possible. I know she has the run of the house to keep her entertained, much more than the bunnies i had as a kid but i really want to do best by her and with working so much at the moment im feeling very guilty and want to make the house fun for her.

I know someone will mention about bonding but she is only 4 months (approx) and I will consider that after 6 months when she has been 'done' but not just yet. ( im not really even sure how that would work as she ''owns'' the whole house!

Anyway its late and im rambling! Any toy/boredom breaker ideas!!!

Mine like jumping on and off things and sleeping under things so children's chairs, low tables, etc. Just have to make sure they aren't too high or too slippery.

Prior to introducing a friend you will need to start restricting your rabbit so that you can start neurtalising your place. If you are on washable flooring this will be easier. If you have carpets and lots of soft furnishing you would be best to start restricting space and cleaning / desmelling about a month prior to bringing a new bunny into the house.

toilet rolls stuffed with hay - then she has the fun of pulling out the hay.

I made a cardboard box castle haha -couldn't afford to buy one of them nice fancy ones!

Mine just like being nosey, so anything different and they're there like a shot!

Would love to see a pic of the Castle for inspiration! I have access to lots of cardboard boxes so definitely something I could do!! She has toilet rolls stuffed with hay and she does love them, especially if I hide some herbs in the middle!

Back