• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pipkin's being castrated tomorrow!

Pipkin01

Warren Scout
My little bun Pipkin is going in to be castrated tomorrow. Very nervous for him but once he's all recovered he will be getting a girlfriend! :D

Good luck Pipkin, don't miss your plums too much :D Get lots of treats for him to have afterwards for being such a big brave bunski :love:!

Best of luck Pipkin.

The plum fairy visits.....................:cry:

Hopefully a girlfriend to follow eventually..................:D:D:D

Thankyou everyone! I'm a student vet nurse so I'll be with him the whole way through and for his recovery. Totally different when it's your own animal being operated on though, I don't think I'm going to be much use for anything today! Got him a little bag all packed with his hay and dried food and some of his favourite herbs for after :) He loves critical care so I'll have to make sure he has a sachet of that for the weekend.

He's not going to enjoy cage rest though. Due to start work at 10 so think I'll be pacing around until then!

All done! He's still recovering but had to leave him to go on my lunch. I would of sat there for hours worrying otherwise. :( He hated all the injections he had to have but the operation went well so fingers crossed for a swift recovery. He should be up and about by the time I get back to work so I can sort him out some yummy food :)

All done! He's still recovering but had to leave him to go on my lunch. I would of sat there for hours worrying otherwise. :( He hated all the injections he had to have but the operation went well so fingers crossed for a swift recovery. He should be up and about by the time I get back to work so I can sort him out some yummy food :)

yay :D I'm sure he'll be up and about soon like you say :D Mine were binkying around the evening of their operation, much to my panic! Try to keep him in a smaller area for the evening if you can, he won't be much pleased but it'll keep him from giving you a panic attack :lol:!

Also I think he deserves lots of treats for being such a big brave boy :love:

He's home now, had a really quick recovery. A few hours when he was in a lot of pain but seems a lot more comfortable now. He's had a bit of critical care, dill and a tiny bit of banana and was destroying the blanket in his kennel at the vets! I've got Fibreplex to syringe him three times a day, he's had one dose so I'll give him another in a bit.

In his cage at the moment with his fluffy bed looking very sorry for himself :(

Pipkin says thank you for all the vibes, he'll be up and about and meeting his girlfiend in no time at all!

He's home now, had a really quick recovery. A few hours when he was in a lot of pain but seems a lot more comfortable now. He's had a bit of critical care, dill and a tiny bit of banana and was destroying the blanket in his kennel at the vets! I've got Fibreplex to syringe him three times a day, he's had one dose so I'll give him another in a bit.

In his cage at the moment with his fluffy bed looking very sorry for himself :(

Pipkin says thank you for all the vibes, he'll be up and about and meeting his girlfiend in no time at all!

Awh poor Pip :love: Don't worry Pipkin, it'll be much better in the end coz now you can get a girrrrrlfriiiiiendddddd :D! Does he know? You need to make sure he knows so he can keep himself extra smart, to impress ladybun :love:

/stealthily slip Pipkin a fenugreek. and some parsley. and a bit of carrot. and some pellets. and a noserub.

He seems settled now he's back in his cage. He's got a little bit of everything in there for when he gets peckish! Had him out for a quick cuddle. He cant be feeling too bad though as he didn't let me syringe feed him his fibreplex! So he's had it mixed in with a bit of parsley instead :)

He knows all about his girlfriend and is very excited. He's seen a picture of her on the internet and said she's very pretty :D He also looking forward to getting a nice big crate for him and his friend and his own area in the living room.

Don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight for worrying about him but all things considered he is doing really well!

Back