• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caron on her life

yodelpig

Young Bun
"I love food, but then I am working hard on becoming a big girl!"
208e7247.jpg

"Oops!"
d206ddf4.jpg

"Hey!!!"
9633354e.jpg

"Leftovers - what is that?"
bd9d3dee.jpg

"This is the 'gate house' by the entrance, and it is my favourite spot."
e31d1bd6.jpg

17d6d597.jpg

"Has mummy given up on grooming me yet?"
631dcffd.jpg

"Even the outdoors is not so frightening anymore...
6de1b5a9.jpg

... except for the odd bug...
b71382a3.jpg

... but nothing is better than being part of a big scrum!"
d82a2cb4.jpg

"Yeah, life is pretty good - if you discount the grooming!!!"
e76dbcb4.jpg

"And if you get the impression that I am spending a lot of time with beauty sleep, you are right - much better than mummy's attempts with brush and scissors, if you ask me!!!"
db7c305f.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely to see an update on this wee piggie!
She looks so happy & so beautiful :love::love:

I haven't seen your signature or piggies before Yodelpig - they are lovely, she has very kind eyes :love:

I have a proper Tribe indeed! :D

Caron has now been with me for half a year. She's definitely a glamour puss!

I have a proper Tribe indeed! :D

Caron has now been with me for half a year. She's definitely a glamour puss!

Yes you have a lovely little group, do guineau's bond easier than rabbits or do you still have to take the same precautions ie, neutral territory etc ?

She is very glam :love:

Caron reminds me of an old style movie star, with her big hair, glamour & lovely photogenic ways .
:love::love:

Yes you have a lovely little group, do guineau's bond easier than rabbits or do you still have to take the same precautions ie, neutral territory etc ?

She is very glam :love:

Guinea pig bonding needs patience and careful planning if you want to end up with a stable bond bond based on mutual liking. The better you can read body language, the easier it is to understand what is going on.

Not all piggies will bond with anypig, and it can be fairly nerve racking, too! Neutral territory is necessary (although with my big group, newbies now just move in once they show they are willing). I have been very careful in which piggies I have rehomed - my setting is sadly not ideal for every rescue girl or neutered boar I would have liked to offer a home to, but as there are so many, I concentrate on those for who group living is just "right" in cooperation with the rescue in question.

Giving the newbie a few days' time to get their bearings in their new home first and letting it meet the prospective mate through bars before you introduce is an option - but I always make sure that as many extra stress factors are out of the equation and that the initial signs are positive before I commit.

Once you have started intros you need to stick with them unless there are bloody fights, as guinea pigs follow a strict protocol and need to work through in order to shape their relationship. They live in small herds (about the size of my Tribe) and always need to establish a hierarchy first thing.

Last edited:
Back