• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Eating U/D He's Eating

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo has been home for about an hour and a half now and he hasn't eaten anything. He has barely moved at all except to deposit a few poops in his tray.

How long should I wait before I worry about him not eating?

Last edited:
What's his demeanour like? Is he sitting in corners trying to ignore you? Have you tried him with one of his favourite foods?

When Smudge goes into stasis he sits in corners all hunched up and won't move when I gently prod him.

He is sitting in the corner ignoring me but the vet said he might be a little quiet tonight after the GA today. I have tried to tempt him with parsley and crunchies. He wasn't interested in the parsley and is sitting on his crunchie :roll:

Forgive me, what was the GA for? Has he had pain relief? Did he eat at the vets? He might need something to get his guts going.

If that was Smudge I would be starting to get concerned cos he has a predisposition to stasis so I'd be getting out his meds or taking him to the vets but your situation right now is a little different. Can you give the vets a quick ring?

He had his neuter today and the vet says that I had some food when he woke up.

He has an injection of pain relief and I have more to give to him in the morning.

He has just hopped up to his bowl this very second and is wolfing down the herbs YAY :) Still looks a little sleepy though.

Glad to hear it, sounds like he's just taking some time to come round properly :)

I'm going to take this as a good sign

miloeating.jpg

Oh bless him, lovely to see him enjoying his noms. :love: Spenser was about two weeks before he was eating properly after his neuter. :roll:

Back