• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues/Sanctuaries- Creating a Rehoming poster for the vets?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can anyone tell me what would be the best things to include on this poster and how to make it look proffesional?

(Some rescues just have a black and white a4 sheet of paper, but i want something that will attract interest in the bunnies without it costing too much.)

Is it a good idea to laminate?- how easy is this to do and can you get cheap laminators? What other materials would i need? Can i do this fully on the PC?

I'd rather my rehoming poster have my contact details on for people who are interested and as i am very local to the vets, they can then come look at the buns rather than put a specific bun on the poster.

Is it good to have some kind of artwork or design or just leave it as simple as possible?

I have a logo that i'll be putting on, but should i put some bunny pictures on in general. What kind of layouts would be best?

Just thought i'd ask for RU input. I can do this myself, but i'm not great at design so any ideas would be appreciated.

Should i put my address on or leave that off? I don't want to have animals dumped as i don't have unlimited space.

Would asking for newspapers somewhere on the poster help etc... would people going through the vets be interested in donating things like that or would they be too busy with there own animals?

Thanks for any input x

I would laminate it to make it look smart and professional, and also to make sure it doesn't get damaged and removed within a short time. Make it simple but with some bright colours so that it stands out and doesn't get lost among other bits of paper or posters up.
Keep if brief with key points and one or two pictures as small text is difficult to read and doesn't capture attention, and consider having some flyers with more info or a link to a website so people can look into it more if they are interested.
Marie

Hi Ambience,

I'm run my own design business, and have done a fair amount of print-work. I would love to help you with this if you would like. I think some eye-catching general pics of buns would be great. I don't think lamination is necessary if it is going to go on a Vet's noticeboard, as it shouldn't be handled too much so the risk of tearing etc is minimal.

If you would like some help, I would really love to help with the design, and I can get some prices for you from my printers to see how much it would cost you to get a large poster printed, or some smaller ones if that is what you wanted (not sure if you are looking for something to go in several vet surgeries, or just one). I obviously wouldn't want any money for help with the design, it would really be my pleasure to help out with a good cause, and any excuse to work with pictures of buns is fine by me ;)

Personally I don't put my address on any of my promotional materials at the moment. I think a phone number should be fine for you, and you could then give your address out to just those people that were interested in visiting.

I think asking for newspaper is a good idea too.

ETA, I didn't want to sound pushy in that post, so won't be at all offended if you don't want my help :lol:, just wanted to offer. PM me if you are interested anyway x

Last edited:
Thankyou both and Annie, that would be great thankyou so much.

What would you need from me? I can send you the content i'd like to go on the poster and picture of the buns, phone number etc by pm - i have a logo that has been done in vector graphics by my brother. I think that's what they are called. He does design also.

It is just for one vet at the moment- my own. They give me buns to rehome occasionally and they are happy for me to put a poster up and also a collection pot. I haven't asked any of the others around the area, but i will at some point.

I have a colour scheme in mind similar to the logo.
Let me know what you need me to do.

Thankyou so much.

P.s the poster would be a4, i think it would be on the counter, so may get handled.

Hi, great stuff!

Yes, if you send me the words and pics and vector logo, and let me know your colour ideas, that would be great. Can you do this by PM? I can PM you my email address if easier.

Lamination would be good then if it's going to stay on the counter.

Hi, great stuff!

Yes, if you send me the words and pics and vector logo, and let me know your colour ideas, that would be great. Can you do this by PM? I can PM you my email address if easier.

Lamination would be good then if it's going to stay on the counter.

Sure if you pm me your email address i'll pop it over to you , thankyou so much once again xx

Back