• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse - U/D 6th June- Another Good Day :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I should NOT have had him Myxo vaccinated :cry:

His immune system was keeping on top of his chronic ear problems, but not any more :cry:

Worse still is he has loads of pus in his left eye AND his lung sounds are markedly increased. Just spoken with Laura and Morse is now back on Depocillin and he will be seen in clinic tomorrow morning.

:cry:

Last edited:
Good grief, you are having a really bad time of it just now.
Hugs for you and vibes for Morse

Oh no, not Morse :cry: I really hope the drugs can work their magic and he can fight this. Sending lots of vibes for Morse and hugs for you xx

Come on Morse, fight off these infections, you can do it. xxxxxx

Big ((((((hugs))))))) for you Jane xxx

Really hope the medication helps Morse get better soon. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Millions of vibes for the Inspector. xxx

So sorry that Morse is struggling. :( Once the side effects of the myxi vacc wear off hopefully his own immune system will be more effective again. Please don't blame yourself, though. The problem is you are damned if you do vaccinate and damned if you don't.

You could have been facing a situation in a few months or weeks where Morse contracted myxi if you hadn't vaccinated - then you wouldn't forgive yourself for NOT going ahead with it. Recently, we didn't vaccinate our Yorkie against kennel cough (on vet's advice) because he had a collapsed trachea so his respiratory system was already compromised. A few months later he goes and catches it. :? Luckily he pulled through but myxi in rabbits is far more serious - yet another scenario where a crystal ball is needed.

All you can ever do is weigh up the possible risks and possible benefits. Give Morse loads of nose rubs, and let's hope that your vet can help him tomorrow and that he's able to be as comfortable as possible meanwhile....

Sending millions of vibes :wave:

Sending loads of (((vibes))) for Morse, I hope he is better soon and his immune system is back working again soon after his myxi vacc xxxx

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Morse. I wasn't sure whether to let Sue have her myxi jab and did in the end. It is such a difficult decision to make with a poorly bun - it feels like whatever choice you make is the wrong one.

Hopefully, Morse will recover quickly.

Back