• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinchillas - all in a line.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
From left to right:

Snake, Chong, Cheech and Big Boss.

finnyline1.jpg

finnyline2.jpg

finnyline3.jpg

Snake has a runny eye. :( And indication of dental problems in the future. She is the most shy of my four but will still use me as a climbing frame if there are treats involved.

Chong is my little man. He's the only one of my chinnies that bites. He's very skittish, but not shy. He also chews everything in my room and often asserts his 'dominance' over the girls by nipping them and squeaking and pushing them away from me when I'm snuggling them. It's weird because I don't think any of them accept him as the dominant one but he still tries, bless him.

Cheech is my very special little girl. She actually belongs to my OH but in his words, she belongs to me when she needs cleaning out. :lol: She is the most intelligent pet I've ever met. And she sleeps with her head hanging down like that, or with her head shoved in a corner. :love: She used to sleep hanging over when she was pregnant and would fall off. :shock: I had to completely change her cage around to stop her hurting herself and the babies.

And Big Boss. The runt of the litter. She is the most tame of the four. She loves to climb and explore and will do anything for a treat.

I love my chinchillas. :love:

They are sooooooooooooooo gorgeous. :love::love::love::love::love:

That is a strange way to sleep. Chins make me laugh with their funny little ways.

Guess what I am going to get my chinnies some new wooden shelves and a hammock. I don't really have any toys for them and have been looking to get them something for awhile. Thank goodness my uncle is helping us out with the recent horrendous vet bills.

I hope Snake and Big Boss don't fight ;)

:love::love:

:lol:

They got their names as stand ins because we couldn't sex them straight away... and had just finished playing MGS4. We called Snake, Snake because she used to climb a lot and sneak about behind the nest box. And Big Boss had a big head. :lol: Then of course the names stuck, and they both turned out to be girls. I could have changed Big Boss' name to just Boss of The Boss which would have worked, but she's the smallest so Big Boss is funnier.

And I took Snake to the vets once and the receptionist actually screamed and ran away because she thought I has a snake. :lol:

But sorry to ruin the illusion they don't fight. ;)

They are sooooooooooooooo gorgeous. :love::love::love::love::love:

That is a strange way to sleep. Chins make me laugh with their funny little ways.

Guess what I am going to get my chinnies some new wooden shelves and a hammock. I don't really have any toys for them and have been looking to get them something for awhile. Thank goodness my uncle is helping us out with the recent horrendous vet bills.

Aww, that's so nice of him. :)

They've never liked hammocks and I've given them a few. Wooden shelves go down a treat though. And wooden parrot toys. And ladders.

Aww, that's so nice of him. :)

They've never liked hammocks and I've given them a few. Wooden shelves go down a treat though. And wooden parrot toys. And ladders.

I haven't tried them with a hammock yet. Fussy devils. Wooden ladders last a few days. :lol:

I am looking at this big square material thing they can all climb into.

Not going to bother with any more toys for my bunnies though. They sit on the floor unused. Doubly fussy beggers.

I buy fleeces from Poundland to make hammocks, that way if they ignore then I've only lost a pound. :lol:

Most chinchilla toys only last a few days. If they were free range I'm sure my furniture would only last a few days too!

They look really cuddly. Do they let you cuddle them?

Nope! But I do anyway. :D
They prefer to be ticked under the chin or have their ears rubbed. But sometimes I need to pick them up for a cuddle. They do protest but I believe it's necessary. :lol:

They cuddle each other. They actually sleep propped up on each other's backs sometimes all snuggled into the fur. :love:

Back