• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Birthday Ginger (Sorry its late)

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Ginger's birthday, we (Sky-O, Starlights and myself) think was 23rd May.

I think most people know her story, but if you dont, im sure you can find it on the forum.

Ginger came to me on the 1st October 2010. I picked her up from Starlights that evening, at around 7pm. I was also bringing Marvin (then, Ringo) back to Bath for another RU member, mattyp.

After 5 or so hours of solid driving, apart from the dropping off of Marvin to Matty, Ginger arrived home.

The photo that made me fall for her;

babygiants029.jpg

This was Ginger that night, placed into her pen, next to Biscuits;

gingy01.jpg

It was much too small, at only 4x2, but it was only temporary, for 2 weeks, while she settled in. It meant Biscuit & her could get used to each other, pre bonding.

This was Ginger on the day after she arrived;

ginger03-1.jpg

This is how Ginger was, she didnt have much muscle tone, she was very silly and very clumsy. She was always falling over.

(Clicky, Video)

Ginger hasn't had the best of lives, as far as health is concerned. She has active pasteurella, kidneys that don't work properly, and some genetic deformities, including, bad jaw alignment, lack of tear ducts, limited fatty mass around the organs and very poor muscle tone.

With the help of certain people, Ginger is still here, still fighting. I wasn't sure she'd make it this far, im not sure others were either.

We don't know how long we'll have her for, there are possible issues we dont know about yet, seen in some of her elder siblings, but we can't worry about them now, we have to focus on the here and now.

Ginger turned 1 year old on 23rd (ish) of May.

:love:

Ginger, enjoying the great outdoors;

P1040445Small.jpg

Happy Birthday my little GingeyPoopyPloppyFlops. Hope this won't be your last.

Belated happy birthday to Ginger. :love:

I had two bunnies with genetic defects. We just tried to enjoy them while we could too. :)

Happy birthday Ginger!

This has made me feel bad that I don't know when Marvin's birthday is! :(

Back