• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed please - *warning* graphic pics - U/D post 170 new picture

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry to ask again but I just can't believe what's happened

It's for Cookie, one of the rexes, she has been fine, eating, weeing and pooing, goes out every day and digs burrows all over the place, nothing different

Roy put her out yesterday morning and she was fine, she was fine all day and he put them in to bed last night in the garage, I went out to top up their grass bowls and water bowls and looked at her and thought she doesn't look right

Cookie has a massive lump on the side of her face the size of a walnut, almost in the cheek area, it's not on the jaw, it's huge, I have never seen anything as big, she has eaten her pellets tonight

I gave her some pain relief, I am so worried about what it can be

Mixed025x2.jpg

Last edited:
Just taken these this morning, you can see how the right side of her face is swollen, we are off to the vets in a bit

Allsorts005x2-1.jpg

Allsorts007x2-1.jpg

:( poor Cookie, that looks unpleasant. Sending loads of vibes and waiting to hear what the vet says.

Dorset George had something similar apppear on his nose, literally overnight. It turned out to be an abcess - lanced/antibiotics/painkillers and he was fine. Vet who treated him did a check-up a few days later and said nothing more was needed. His was caused by a bite wound, we assume - prognosis is much better if nothing dental is involved. Hopefully the vet will be able to rule that out and set your mind at rest...

Oh no not Cookie :cry:

Could she have been stung Theo ? If it does not feel like an abscess that is.

Lots of vibes for her, she is so gorgeous :love:

Back