• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Billie - new foster bun Update, new photos, page 5 U/D Sleep tight - page 5

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Nothing could have prepared me yesterday, i collected little Billy from our local vets after he had been abandoned outside. The photos below are after the vet nurse had tried to clean him up a little. Hes a dutch x lionhead and weighs less than 1kg. You can see his bones in the photos :( He can barely walk, he kind of shuffles around the cage, he is so sore :cry: He hasnt stopped eating hay since he arrived, and hes drank an awful lot of water from a bowl.

S7002574.jpg

S7002576.jpg

S7002577.jpg

S7002572.jpg

He is so trusting considering what hes been through. His little eyes keep looking at me when i walk past his cage :cry: When i approach him he shuffles across to see me :cry: Heartbeaking isn't the word. Lots of well wishes for this little man please xx

Last edited:
oh my god:shock:

poor little fella:( how can someone be so evil as to even let him get like that in the first place?

i hope he soon flourishes with your care becky xx

Oh, that is so awful - how can anyone let a rabbit get in a state like that? At least they abandoned him at a vet and he is now getting the care and love he deserves. I'm sure he will be such a lovely bunny - just needs some tlc :love::love::love:

OMG! :shock::cry:
Poor little fellow.
So very glad he is with you now for some TLC.
Massive vibes & kia kaha Billy!

i've just had to come back to look at him again - i just can't believe it:( i just want to cuddle him and keep him safe:cry:

:cry:

How can someone let a bun get that bad :(

Heartless.

I'm so glad he's with you now Becky.

The shot of his underside made me feel queezy :(

Hes such a beautiful little man.:love:

Good grief Becky, that poor bunny, well done for taking him in and helping him, the poor little boy

It makes me so angry, he must be so sore

Good luck with him

Oh my ! :cry:

The place he would have been living in must of been horrendous -

Thankfully he can now be shown what love and caring is all about.

Poor little Billy big healing vibes to you.

x

Oh poor little guy :( He's such a cutie. I hope with some love and attention he can bounce back. Well done for helping him. Sending lots of vibes for Billy xx

Poor little guy :(

Does the vet think it's a medical condition or just neglect?

They are unsure, the vet he saw yesterday said it could be kidney failure :cry: Hes been to another vet today and she said it could be a bad urine infection. He is drinking alot and everytime i pick him out of the cage to clean him he is covering my clothes in wee, when i put him on the towel he is also covering that in wee.

We've got some rear guard today and hes on metacam/baytril. Im just hoping the little guy holds on. Hes certainly bouncy in himself, the vet popped him on the floor to see how he was hopping and he was having a good wander around the room so he can use his back legs, its obviously hes just sore because of the scalding.

Hes been cleaned twice today with hibiscrub/cooled boiled water and he is looking cleaner already. We also have some cream for the sores :cry:

Looking at him is heartbreaking, i don't know how you, Theo and Liz cope :cry:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Hopefully i can update over the next few days with some better news on this little guy :( xx

ETA: They did mention something about tests with regards to the kidney failure but we need to get him a bit better underneath and some more weight on him first apparently :( xx

Back