• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some good news for Grimlock.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who are following his progress. :)

The Baytril seems to be really working. The discharge from his nose has almost disappeared and he is not sneezing nearly as much. He's still getting 'plugs' in his nose where the discharge is getting fir stuck to it and drying but my vet has given him some eye drops to help clear this up. The depcillin just didn't touch the infection the second time around and it really seems linked in with his eyes and teeth, hence using an oral antibiotic and now the eye drops. I never thought going down this route would work and considering the last time we went to the vets I was almost in tears because I thought this was the beginning of the end it's just an amazing turnaround.

He's been coming in for his food on his own accord, he's been humping his Smoo bun and he even did some sunbathing today. So he's feeling lots better. I'm just hoping the eye drops do sort out the nose plugs and then if we cab keep up the treatment it'll be like he's not even ill at all!

:love:

In celebration one of my all time favourite pictures of him.

DSC00783.jpg

I've not been following this, but glad he's feeling a lot better. Great pic of a sleepy bun! :wave:

That sounds like really good news, I'm so pleased the new treatment has worked for Grimlock. :love::love:

I'm absolutely chuffed to pieces for you Jenova :love:

Grim is wonderful and i love his story, i've followed it well and we've spoken about him via PM etc.

I'm so glad he's feeling better :wave:

What are the eyedrops, out of interest? Are they cilomax per chance?

Thanks everyone. :)

The eye drops are Chloramphenicol. I've not used them before but you need muscles to get anything out of the tube...

I just can't believe after everything it was Bayril that's worked. :shock:

And Smoo is absolutely fine. :wave:

Thanks everyone. :)

The eye drops are Chloramphenicol. I've not used them before but you need muscles to get anything out of the tube...

I just can't believe after everything it was Bayril that's worked. :shock:

And Smoo is absolutely fine. :wave:

If you put the tube upright in a mug of warm (not boiling hot) water about 20mins before you use it & test the smallest drop on the back of your hand for temp 1st. it'll be much easier. ;)

I'm delighted that one of my favourite RU bunnies is doing so well.

Back