• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PEW sensitive to light??

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
Since I got my PEW bunny Jasper and his brother Smudge they have lived in a brick shed, obviously it had a window and the door was open every day...Smudge liked to sit by the door in the sun sometimes but Jasper always stuck to the darker parts of the shed.

I recently bonded them with one of my other pairs and they all moved into a wooden shed with attached run. I've since noticed that while the other 3 spend a good amount of time in the run, Jasper sticks to the shed during the day. But he's always out in the run with the others when I go out to feed them in the evening. My mum was worried he was being bullied (he's definitely not) and I said maybe the sunlight hurts his eyes... it was an off the top of my head comment but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

Does anyone else have a PEW that stays inside during the day??

Does it sound plausible that he's sensitive to the light?

i don't know the answer to your question, sorry.

buuuut, quick bump for you and also, what does PEW stand for? i know REW and BEW but have never figured out what PEW means :oops:

i don't know the answer to your question, sorry.

buuuut, quick bump for you and also, what does PEW stand for? i know REW and BEW but have never figured out what PEW means :oops:

Pink eyed white.

My Max is a REW ; he scans alot and is fairly sensitive to sunlight when it's very strong in the run, so I make sure almost all areas are shaded when he's out.

It could well be the same in this case!

PEW= pink eyed white.

My Dopeys are very sensitive, as is Candyfloss (the Dopeys are BEWs and Candyfloss is a REW).

Can you provide shade over as much of the run as possible so that he can go out if he chooses?

Can you provide shade over as much of the run as possible so that he can go out if he chooses?

One end of the run is permanently covered, but even when it's mostly in shade he still opts to stay inside. I have a window, small door and the main door on the shed that get opened in varying combinations depending on the weather so he's not sweltering away in there or missing out on getting some fresh air etc.

It's not a big problem I just wondered if anyone else had noticed anything similar :)

Back