• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time at Vets

Leelu

Alpha Buck
Tomorrow

Other than
- their myxi
- health check
- claws trimmed
- finding out what VHD vac they have/ordering another one

Is there anything I am missing out?
As title says it's the first time I have ever taken them to the vets

You might want to make a note of their weight. I keep a record of it so I have an idea of their ideal weight but if they are only babies then obviously that is going to be going up!

Are they already spayed/ neutered? If not you could ask about that and at what age the vet would be happy to do them

I would say make sure they get their teeth checked, it is really important this happens when they have their check ups so you can spot problems before they really become an issue. Hope your vet visit goes well :wave:

They are 12 weeks friday so will get weight done :)

I know the normal age for a spay is 6months but I'm guessing some vets do do it earlier so will ask :)

Thank you for your help

get them to check their teeth, they will do a general bunny MOT anyway, it also might be worth looking into insurance for if you ever need any over treatment doing if they become ill etc

get them to check their teeth, they will do a general bunny MOT anyway, it also might be worth looking into insurance for if you ever need any over treatment doing if they become ill etc

The OH did the insurance Sunday as he is worried something will be found tomorrow :roll: He's a right jinx so I bet something does come up.
Teeth, nails and nose is top of my list.
Ivy has been sneezy with no discharge or any signs of snuffles so I want to make sure there's nothing else up there.

The OH did the insurance Sunday as he is worried something will be found tomorrow :roll: He's a right jinx so I bet something does come up.
Teeth, nails and nose is top of my list.
Ivy has been sneezy with no discharge or any signs of snuffles so I want to make sure there's nothing else up there.

Trouble with insurance is that you cant claim for the first 14 days of the policy (normally) so if they do find something tomorrow it's unlikely it will be covered I'm afriad. :(

Back