• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chin rubbing

katie85

Young Bun
I know rabbits rub their chins on things to mark their territory, but once a rabbit has been neutered is it normal for them to carry on doing this?

Yup! All mine do it despite being neutered :) they still have those marking tendencies to an extent, neutering lessens them a bit but it's still there in most rabbits.

My little Pat (5 years old, spayed) chins everything, apparently EVERYTHING is hers :roll:, she just goes around the garden "mine...mine...mine...mine"...

Teddi does it everyday ... same routine after breakfast every morning ..... keeps him occupied for half an hour going from room to room chinning the door frames, skirting corners & furniture :lol:

I get chinned occassionally but Ben's never really done much chin rubbing. He's more likely to gently chew a new or moved item, climb over it then leave it alone. I do "chin" him though, so maybe why he doesn't? He's mine an as everything smalls of me its safe?

My little Pat (5 years old, spayed) chins everything, apparently EVERYTHING is hers :roll:, she just goes around the garden "mine...mine...mine...mine"...

Haha, my two are like this too.... and then the cat goes out in the garden after them and rubs her head all over everything they've touched to claim it as hers. :roll::lol:

And if I put my fingers through the bars, Bubbles will chin my finger. :love::love:

That sounds familiar :roll:

She chinned Andrew's beer earlier today which he thought was hilarious. :lol:

apparently EVERYTHING is hers , she just goes around the garden "mine...mine...mine...mine"...

lol mine are the same. When i put them in the run i also put their litter tray in with them as they won't pee or poop anywhere else. Bunnies in first, tray in last and the tray always gets chinned as soon as it goes in. They have only been away from the tray for a minute at the most!

Mine mainly do it if they're in a space that the others where in recently, so the nightlight on the landing gets a LOT of chinning :lol:

Back