• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit insurance recommendations and help

Who do you recommend?

• Petplan

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Exoticdirect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • helpucover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pets at home

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (please state it :) )

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so

Getting my 2 insured. I had a few worries about snuffles etc, but the vet says they're both fab condition. Teeth good, pawsies good, everything good, so no back history or anything.

In terms of coverage, monthly cost, how good they are with claims and anything else you think is relevant, who would you recommend or advise me to avoid?

Obviously petplan is a contender, and this site says they're the best http://bunnycover.com/, but I just wanted to check with you all!

I use Petplan. But I've never made any claims (the only, ongoing, illness occured within first 2 weeks :roll:).

:lol: Looks like petplan is it then!

Trying to work out if it works out better to buy online with the 10% discount, or whether to get a friend (i.e. you!) to recommend me :lol:

I find it cheaper to just put the money aside - at an estimated £10 per rabbit per month, I would have paid about £1000 into insurance, but my rabbits have only cost me £530 in vets bills (that's on one rabbit!). And then I think you have to pay an excess each time with insurance.

eta - I voted "other" - just put money aside.

Last edited:
petplan have been a godsend for me :love: i would definately have to go bunniless if i couldnt pay the insurance

Thanks everyone :love: Went with petplan, they seemed the clear winner!

The woman on the phone said dentals were covered if the bunnies had annual teeth checks (I'm gonna make sure the vet notes down teeth health on their 6 month checkups to ensure I'm covered) :)!

Thanks everyone :love: Went with petplan, they seemed the clear winner!

The woman on the phone said dentals were covered if the bunnies had annual teeth checks (I'm gonna make sure the vet notes down teeth health on their 6 month checkups to ensure I'm covered) :)!

yes they paid for mabels dental recently :wave:

PetPlan offer the best coverage but are also the most expensive. If you can afford PetPlan but can't afford huge vet bills then go with PetPlan.

Back