• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopping in litter trays...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...do i have the only buns who dont?

I see loads of pictures of a bun flopped out and comfy in a litter tray. Neither of mine have EVER done this and just curious, is it normal to do so?

This was triggered by Helen's picture of Truly :love:

Poppy has just done it :) with her head resting on the edge :) But she's flopping everywhere at the moment. I think being an indoor rabbit is going to her head :D She tends to do it right after weeing in or pooing there though :roll: Had to clean her a few times :lol:

Snap mine have done it when somethings not right.

But I have seen lots of happy healthy bunnies do it! And come to think of it, when I first got Bobby I hadn't got a litter tray, so I used an oven tray :oops::lol:

She used to flop in that :lol:

Mine don't do it! They flop next to it and around it, but normally they fill it with poo so quickly I doubt they'd want to lie in it!

Spenser never flops in his basin. He always sits to attention when 'performing', then usually hops straight out.

Double litter tray flop:

photo_76_460x345.jpg

None of mine do. Its far too comfy in there. My lot seem to prefer to flop in the most awkward/uncomfomfortable looking spots! :lol:

Two litter trays.

One large for Estelle. One smaller one for Frankie.

Neither do flops in litter trays. Estelle insists on squeezing her rather plump chunky body into the small one. Once she is wedged in there, no way can she do a flop.:lol::lol::lol: In fact a little mouse would find it hard to fit in there with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Frankie looks on with total disgust. His litter tray......................

Large litter tray mostly unoccupied. :roll::roll:

I bought a spare as Louie was crossing his legs needing a wee and Molly wouldn't move!

Picture006.jpg

Noooooo, it's Louie's tray but Molly gets in there, not the other way round! :lol::lol::lol:

That's relief. :lol::lol::lol:

Nancy or was it Sunshine, I caught a few times in the cat litter tray. I had to make sure it was locked away in another room.

Back