• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else feed their buns Pink Lady apples?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
On the rare times that my buns get apples I specifically get them pink lady apples as mine absolutely adore them.

I just menitoned it to a workmate who thinks I've lost my mind at buying the most expensive apples around (apparently) as apparently they're "only rabbits" and "won't know the difference". :roll:

Please tell me other people do this!

No. :oops: I don't buy them for the kids either - they all have to put up with cheaper ones. :lol::lol: I buy them if they're ever on offer though, as they're lovely apples. :love:

I buy them for me and then the buns jump on my knees steal them and run under the bed with them :lol:..humph!

I do this too :oops: Timmy and Maxs favourite are Pink Ladys, Mimis favourite are Granny Smiths, so I alternate which ones I buy :oops:

Just to add I dont feed them alot though, just allow them a little nibble on mine when I have one :wave:

:lol: My 18 year old son favours Pink Lady apples but he only gets them when they are on special offer!

Nooo, if I ever got pink lady apples they would be all for me :lol:
I might be nice and let the buns nibble some of mine though. I just wouldn't buy them specifically for the rabbits because they like normal apples just fine.

I don't give mine apples all that often.:oops: my poor deprived buns. I think I am so worried that I overdo it I haven't started! :roll::roll: it is not good enough is it?

We always have Pink Ladies cos everyone eats them! Must go and chop one for the buns!

pink lady apples are all mine!

i might share though but my buns don't seem too fussed by fruit.

Pink Ladies are my FAVE! And if I ever buy one, than I always share with my fave wee vegetarian furries :) :thumb: Its only fair!

I didn't even know what a pink lady was until I googled it. :lol:

My buns have never had them. I only like Granny Smith apples, so wouldn't buy them anyway.

I loveeee pink lady apples:love:

Although, I swear I heard somewhere that a sugar solution gets injected into them, which is what makes them taste so sweet....:?

Max doesn't mind as long as they have some red in them. He turn's his nose up if the're all green.:roll:

Nope, they eat any apples that are around, they're not fussy.

But...

we have a heritage orchard at work with all sorts of rare 16th century varieties....and one of our staff takes one specific type of apple home for her bun as apparently she likes that one and none of the others! What a fusspot! :lol:

I'm glad at least some of you feed your buns the poshest apples. Luckily I have an Aldi near my work so I can get a bag of 6 for £1.50.

:D

Yup...mine get Pink ladies!! Nothing but the best....Gala close second.
The AG (Ruby) gets them too.

Back