• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Packed Lunch Ideas

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo is going in for his neuter tomorrow and I am so worried about him. I want to send him a packed lunch but not sure what to send? Greens, pellets, treats???

When Biccy goes in for his GA on friday, he'll be having a good handful of hay, pellets, a few FC's, and some herbs, with a fleecey blanket for familiar smells :)

When ours go for a GA, we send their usual pellets, lots of hay and a selection of veggies (including some of their faves such as carrots to tempt them to eat). We also take their bowls as the vets usually have bunny bottles but not drinking bowls, all ours drink from bowls.

Thank you for all these ideas. I will take his fleece, his water bowl and I best go to the shops for all the lovely herbs and carrots that he loves so much :)

Last edited:
Corriander and Rocket are favourites here so I would recommend them. Our vets have the usual bunny veg in stock and they go out to the garden to pick dandilions and fresh grass to tempt them - they have a rabbit run they can put them on the grass in too if appropriate.

Whatever his usual favourites are would be best. I sent Spenser with strawberry leaves, dried plantain and pellets. He had curly kale, his absolute favourite, for coming home.

I have just been to Waitrose and came back with coriander, basil and carrots which are all his favourites. The lady on the checkout thought I was mad :)

Will also send him some hay, pellets and fenugreek crunchies.

Back