• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for poorly dora :( - update shes gone :(

bunlover

Warren Veteran
please can dora have some vibes the next 24hours is touch and go and critical. i wasnt sure she would make the night she has diarreah and wont eat has seen vets had sub cut fluids and on various drugs and pain relief in addition i am giving critical care and water every hour.
IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

those photos were taken of her snuggling up to me on sofa led on my chest after water and critical care.

Last edited:
She looks so sad, my Sweep looked like that when he had bloat, it's heartbreaking to see them ill :(

Loads of vibes xxx

Oh poor Dora. Mega vibes coming her way. I hope the famous RU vibes can help her through safely.

She looks so sad, my Sweep looked like that when he had bloat, it's heartbreaking to see them ill :(

Loads of vibes xxx

i quite agree i hate seeing her like this and this past year its been one thing after another vet thinks he r immune system so low at moment and that her bad bacteria in gut have just taken over and become toxic to her, she has just had another critical care feed and more water feed, she is very docile and i dont know if its the drugs or how she feeling or a combination poor thing, am nipping up to tesco to get her another pet fleece blanket as she likes lying on them and i have 2 in wash and another she led on at moment so think maybe another one would help.

thanks everyone im still very worried about her but she has been a bit fiestier this evening but had led in some of her diarrieah so i did her a bath (she is used to this through her incontinance) also hoping the warm water would sooth her red raw bum she licked me all through it so obviously enjoyed it and when i emptied bath she ran back into water as it was going down plug hole so i gave her a bit longer in the tub, thenafter that started getting stressed as i carried her downstairs then had one of her fits :( she has recovered from the fit but seems very dehydrated still am giving her an hour now (meaning 1hr15 since last feed& water) so she can relax and calm down if she fitted while i was doing her water/food i could choke her so im quite concious of making her as less stressed as possible its so hard when they ill but its especially hard if they special needs anyway!

poor girl is really going through it right now and is apprichiating every vibe you send. xx

Aw bless her Kate- she does look a poorly bun in those photos compared with her usual self(bottom pic of your siggy near the plants).

I hope she will pick up through the night. Try and get some kip yourself in between the hourly feeds.

zillions of vibes for Dora xx

update

well she has limited mobility in her right leg but is managing to hop around ok (this caused by fit&weakness) vet says gut sounds are there and he is hoping her poos will start to firm up today with all the meds she is on, also givin me pannacur to re start her on in case the ec is back, and sub cut fluids to do at home and also baytril and changed her back from vetagsic to metacam in case the vetagesic is hindering her balence guessing as its opiate based? she also has pro biotics and pre biotics and various stuff i fed her every hour through day and night yesterday and will keep giving her food and water as i can. fingers crossed she continues vet says gone from unlikely to survive night to 50/50 chances so the odds are improving,
photo from just now you can see her eyes are brighter today
IMAG0386.jpg

x

Last edited:
Back