• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with Toy ideas

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
My buns are becoming destructive monkeys at the moment :roll::lol:

I give them tunnels, loo rolls stuffed with hay (which they love) I try and not use too much cardboard because they both WILL eat it :lol:

Any ideas folks?? I don't mind spending a little, but would like some ideas of fun bunny toys you can make?/
I have searched "toys" and got reams of threads, so I really hope you don't mind if this is repeated.

Just to build up a picture of how my buns are kept. They have a whole bedroom to live in, unlimted hay as they have a bale a month.

They are allowed to free roam from 2pm -I go to bed so...10-11ish.

I just noticed they have been chewing on skirting boards and stuff, and I think they need some toys

If they're chewing skirting boards and the like, some wooden toys might appeal? Willow sticks, Fluffers' apple twigs and the like?

Ours have a little wooden house/hidey hole made of left over log roll edging. And lots of random cardboard tunnels which get destroyed frequently!

A big plastic plantpot with hay in went down quite well for a while as they could toss it around and sit in it.

Mine love willow balls, you can buy a pack of 3 off hay experts for pretty cheap. They also destroy anything made of hay; mats, huts etc. I also got mine some Bark Bites, again off the hay experts and put them in the places theyd had a nibble of the skirting boards, they do a good job of distracting them and are nice and cheap :thumb:

If they're chewing skirting boards and the like, some wooden toys might appeal? Willow sticks, Fluffers' apple twigs and the like?

Ours have a little wooden house/hidey hole made of left over log roll edging. And lots of random cardboard tunnels which get destroyed frequently!

A big plastic plantpot with hay in went down quite well for a while as they could toss it around and sit in it.

Cool I forgot about the apple twigs how could I?? :oops::lol:

To be honest, I think they are communicating in morse code, because if one starts chewing the other one starts just after:lol:

Plant pot is do able, anything with hay they can make a mess with, usually goes down quite well :lol:

Mine love willow balls, you can buy a pack of 3 off hay experts for pretty cheap. They also destroy anything made of hay; mats, huts etc. I also got mine some Bark Bites, again off the hay experts and put them in the places theyd had a nibble of the skirting boards, they do a good job of distracting them and are nice and cheap :thumb:

Okay I tried the bark bites when Bobby was on her own, but she wasn't interested, so I could stick them to the skirting boards?

Okay I tried the bark bites when Bobby was on her own, but she wasn't interested, so I could stick them to the skirting boards?

I tried to stick them to the skirting boards but the moneys just pulled them off :roll: I now place them against the skirting boards so that they have to move them to get to it. And then they just gnaw on the bark bite instead :)

I saw a good idea the other day on a thread about bunny proofing. Schuette has one of those bridges made of logs thingys against her skirting. Its one of the bottom piccys on this thread :wave:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289894&highlight=proofing

I bought a few different kinds of mats from THE to see which he liked to chew on best. He chews on 2 of them, and leaves the other one pretty much alone, so I use that one to cover up things I don't want him chewing on!

:wave:

I bought a large hanging basket for the buns, stuffed it with hay & hidden treats, turned it upside down in their run & hey presto! They are entertained for hours, digging through the bars trying to get at the treats!

:wave:

I bought a large hanging basket for the buns, stuffed it with hay & hidden treats, turned it upside down in their run & hey presto! They are entertained for hours, digging through the bars trying to get at the treats!

Good idea, Bobs would love that :love:

I tried to stick them to the skirting boards but the moneys just pulled them off :roll: I now place them against the skirting boards so that they have to move them to get to it. And then they just gnaw on the bark bite instead :)

I saw a good idea the other day on a thread about bunny proofing. Schuette has one of those bridges made of logs thingys against her skirting. Its one of the bottom piccys on this thread :wave:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289894&highlight=proofing

I was just about to mention that :lol: I dunno if they would stand up straight but they are a good distraction. Mine have never been taken by skirting boards though, just walls. :roll::lol:

Back