• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poops

food could be too rish for your bunny with not enough Fibre maybe? I think 16% fibre should be minimum. My rabbit food has 25%-29% fibre

I think I know what it is. I've been giving her pellets at night, so I wonder if she is filling up on those and not eating her caeotrophs. Just gave her a few last night, and no signs of any uneaten caeotrophs this morning. I think I will start giving pellets in the mornings instead.

I always give half pellets in the morning and half in the evening. How many are you giving?

Just a very small amount. I use the lid off some polish and only fill it about a quarter full.

Cleaned out the bunnies this afternoon and found more that she hadn't eaten :(

Next question, what veg do you feed? It may just be her moult is causing it, mini always struggles a bit more with it at moult time.

To be honest I am not really feeding much veg at the moment, just a few carrot tops. Bramble had an uneaten caeotroph this morning too :(

not hijacking your thread or anything but mines not been eating his either. but im going to reduce pellets and hopefully that will sort it. only had him a few days so he might just be getting used to things. anyway just wanted to say i hope he starts eating them soon! :)

It could be stress or something they ate. We gave Jessie a sprig of coriander to try (if that) and she left so many ceacals for the next day or so, I was sure she couldn't have eaten any at all :(

ETA: We had them on a hay and water only diet for a couple of days and it cleared right up!

It could be stress or something they ate. We gave Jessie a sprig of coriander to try (if that) and she left so many ceacals for the next day or so, I was sure she couldn't have eaten any at all :(

ETA: We had them on a hay and water only diet for a couple of days and it cleared right up!

Do you feed pellets too?

Back