• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time should I spend playing with my rabbit?

Hi,
I have a rabbit called Buttercup that i got 3 days ago, she is 9-10 weeks old. I handle her a lot and I was just wondering if anyone knows how much time I should spend playing with her a day?

Thanks for all your advice, it really helps :D

The more you interact with them, the better really. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by playing, but bunnies are happiest with all four feet on the floor so you could, for example, sit in the run with her so that she can climb all over you and explore at her leisure. When I first got Alfie, I also spent ages sitting in front of the hutch (with the door open) just talking to him, giving him nose rubs and just being around really - he got very friendly really quickly. :)

yes the more the better.

see what she likes best. you can build trust with them and get them to come to you for strokes when they are on the ground, i think this is better than having to pick them up all the time. my barney is lovely is this way but my other to only come me occasionally, i am working on it though...

I'm not sure what you mean by playing, but bunnies are happiest with all four feet on the floor so you could, for example, sit in the run with her so that she can climb all over you and explore at her leisure. When I first got Alfie, I also spent ages sitting in front of the hutch (with the door open) just talking to him, giving him nose rubs and just being around really - he got very friendly really quickly. :)

yes this ^^^

As much as possible really, although leave him alone in the afternoons as thats bunny siesta time.
The best thing to do to bond with him is, rather than handling him alot, just sit and "be" with him. Let him come to you on his own terms, if you stroke him and he walks away dont pursue it. This way he will learn to trust you and not fear you :love:

Back