• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you bond

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
seeing as Minnie is only 13 weeks and cant be spayed till 6months,is it possible if i got a netured male from a rescue? or shud i wait until Minnie is spayed,also what other breeds of rabbit would be suitable with a french lop?
Thanks caroline xx

Any breed and any age neutered male - it's personal choice for the bunnies as to what bun they bond with.

Personally I would wait until she is spayed and healed and her hormone levels have dropped before attempting bonding. :wave:

Any breed and any age neutered male - it's personal choice for the bunnies as to what bun they bond with.

Personally I would wait until she is spayed and healed and her hormone levels have dropped before attempting bonding. :wave:

Second this

Agree with above.

Any suitable bunny with the right temperament.

And I'd always wait until your bunny is spayed and healed to ensure any relationship with another rabbits has the best chance of success. Yes people do bond unneutered rabbits but so many things can go wrong and you will need to spay anyway for health reasons.

I bonded Bubbles with Alfie before she was spayed; my intention was to keep them together after the op but they fell out (Alfie was chasing Bubbles around the crate as he knew she wasn't feeling 100%) so I then had to split them and rebond once Bubbles had recovered.

With that in mind, it's not something I would risk again, and would always spay before bonding.

Back