• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding views

Would you want these

• 10x4 housing - need separate day run YES

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 10x4 housing - need separate day run NO

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Webcam option at extra cost

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Text messages about your buns at extra cost

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

molly35

Mama Doe
When boarding your rabbit what facilities would you look for/be impressed by/make the decision for you to board your rabbit there?

Knowlegeable people, large accomodation and vaccination checks would probably be at the top of my list.

I haven't voted because all I look for in boarding is,appropriate area for indoor rabbits to be kept-not have their cage plonked in a dark,hot shed & let out when they feel like it & then get lectured by said boarding on why you keep them in house in first place as Barley has such lovely thick fur:evil:
To be honest my main priority is that they are kept safe & fed & watered & given lots of exercise.I wouldn't mind if they are kept in a small cage as long as they were out of it alot & loved.My two go to Deepdale Pets now where they have a "cottage"which is basically a shed but its their shed as apposed to being put in with the lawn mower[last boarders].It has an indoor cage in it which is always unshut,a play area & during the day,via a cat flap an outdoor run filled with hay.It has a heat lamp if its cold & has a double door so in the day there is just a chicken wire door so they get plenty of breeze & daylight,with a wooden one to close over at night.In my view this is the perfect place for my babies to go & Dill always seems so happy there.:D

I haven't voted because all I look for in boarding is,appropriate area for indoor rabbits to be kept-not have their cage plonked in a dark,hot shed & let out when they feel like it & then get lectured by said boarding on why you keep them in house in first place as Barley has such lovely thick fur:evil:
To be honest my main priority is that they are kept safe & fed & watered & given lots of exercise.I wouldn't mind if they are kept in a small cage as long as they were out of it alot & loved.My two go to Deepdale Pets now where they have a "cottage"which is basically a shed but its their shed as apposed to being put in with the lawn mower[last boarders].It has an indoor cage in it which is always unshut,a play area & during the day,via a cat flap an outdoor run filled with hay.It has a heat lamp if its cold & has a double door so in the day there is just a chicken wire door so they get plenty of breeze & daylight,with a wooden one to close over at night.In my view this is the perfect place for my babies to go & Dill always seems so happy there.:D

Thanks thats interesting as I have no indoor space for house rabbits and was thinking about other options to cater for them.

I wouldn't want the offer to pay extra for texts about my rabbit.

I should be able to ring when I want (during opening hours) to check on him, if I was offered the option of texts at extra cost, I would feel like I wasn't allowed to ring and check on him :(

I'd think, owners having knowledge, details of the vet they use in emergencies available, clean accommodation.

That's all I can think of for now but am sure there is more lol.

This exactly :D Mine are going to Deepdale, think someone on here recommended it to me. The shed looks amazing though :D Glad Dill likes it there.

For me, I look for anywhere that is suitable for indoor rabbits with as much room as possible with people who know and care about rabbits.

Would you be happy if your buns were in large accommodation with toys and not be put into another separate run in the day?

No,I would prefer a smaller cage(mine are houserabbits) but let out frequantly to freerange.At home they have a smallish cage which they are in overnight but freerange for approx 18hours a day-I get up at 5.30am for work & hubby is late going to bed so I usually let them out & he puts them away if I'm off to bed early.Free time is a priority for me & where mine board they are never shut away in the cage so they have the rest of the shed to free range in.:D

Thanks thats interesting as I have no indoor space for house rabbits and was thinking about other options to cater for them.

Oh,you are thinking of boarding are you?Well mine dont even go out in the garden as we dont have one,but I was still happy with this situation &the buns loved it.:D

This exactly :D Mine are going to Deepdale, think someone on here recommended it to me. The shed looks amazing though :D Glad Dill likes it there.

For me, I look for anywhere that is suitable for indoor rabbits with as much room as possible with people who know and care about rabbits.

It was probably me or HS.she recommended them to me.They are going in a couple of weeks for two nights to Deepdale,that reminds me,I must phone Rowena.:DHow far is leasingham to Durham?

It was probably me or HS.she recommended them to me.They are going in a couple of weeks for two nights to Deepdale,that reminds me,I must phone Rowena.:DHow far is leasingham to Durham?

I'm not going from durham (thankfully) but when I am home over summer from Gainsborough. It's about a 45 min drive- worth it to have the buns well looked after :)

I send emails and photos of the buns while they are on holiday with us and update the owners when I can as I find it put's their mind at ease knowing their buns are fine :)

I'm not going from durham (thankfully) but when I am home over summer from Gainsborough. It's about a 45 min drive- worth it to have the buns well looked after :)
I did think it was an awful long way from Durham:lol:Yes,it takes us 30 mins ish to get us there,but I'd rather do that than take them 5mins to the dreaded shed & lawnmower!:)

I send emails and photos of the buns while they are on holiday with us and update the owners when I can as I find it put's their mind at ease knowing their buns are fine :)

Yes I thought about that but thought if people are abroad a text may be easier than trying to find access to email.

I wouldn't want the offer to pay extra for texts about my rabbit.

I should be able to ring when I want (during opening hours) to check on him, if I was offered the option of texts at extra cost, I would feel like I wasn't allowed to ring and check on him :(

I'd think, owners having knowledge, details of the vet they use in emergencies available, clean accommodation.

That's all I can think of for now but am sure there is more lol.

I'd be happy for people to ring I just thought the text would put peoples mind at rest that their buns were okay. I was thinking maybe every 3 or 4 days.

I like the idea of the texts but not so sure about the extra cost. Most people get free texts these days anyway, don't they?

Somewhere that offers suitable accomodation for housebuns also.

Not that many non-RU places offer ANY indoor accomodation that i've found.

I've been actually told off for not letting me buns outside by a boarder :shock:

Range of accomidation, all different sizes
The option to bring your own hutches? and extras
Places that thoroughly bleach hutches inbetween uses (I'd be paranoid they could catch EC)
Updates via a website, or text
No dogs/ferrets etc. on premises, I don't care if the dog is friendly, my rabbits are scared of them
Everything should be as fox proof as possible
A seperate area for rabbits with known problems eg. snuffles
I'd also want to be able to check the place within certain 'open' hours, I'd be wary if they didn't want visitors

Maybe even locks on hutches, you never know when some rabbit stealing nutters could come by

Back