• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The RSPCA PTS Girls Have Just Arrived (couple of photos added p26)

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Jenny from Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue has just dropped the lovely pair of harlequin girls off to me after managing to 'adopt' them from the RSPCA.

Thanks to Jenny and Debbie for driving them up to me, thanks to the vets for seeking help to get them out to a safe house and a massive thanks to Sooz for raising the alarm.

I'll post photos tomorrow but let me tell you they are totally gorgeous. Aggressive my ****. They are lovely and friendly, very inquisitive and just stunning.

Last edited:
aww thats wonderful news, well done to all involved. I hope they find the forever homes they deserve!

This is all thanks to Jenny and to Sooz. I didn't have space to help until Morris passed away and then it made sense for me to take them as Jen's was full to bursting. She drove this forward not me.

So very happy that they are here. They will be rehomed to the first decent home who understands what rabbits do and I feel sure that the first to view them will fall in love.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289756

Beggars belief Vicki that these girls might have been PTS when there is nothing wrong with them but were returned to the 'rescue' as aggressive.:shock:

And? Fair enough I don't take in aggressive rabbits as I only have space for 1 group and I already have my quota but I do take aggressive rodents so assume there must be plenty of people who rehabilitate aggressive rabbits. Most of the time I'm sure a little understanding and neutering does the trick or just not trying to cuddle them at every possible opportunity.

:shock:
thank goodness they were found out about!! well done to all concerned:love:

my dream is to have a huge outdoor place for un-snuggly bunnies to just be safe to be just bunnies.....

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289756

Beggars belief Vicki that these girls might have been PTS when there is nothing wrong with them but were returned to the 'rescue' as aggressive.:shock:

:shock: Quite worrying - I'm confused though, so they weren't aggressive when the RPSCA home checked the 'adopters' and rehomed them but they were when they were returned so deserved to be destroyed? There's something not right with this surely? It has to be a case of rehoming to people who don't know rabbits very well and or didn't realise the commitment/expense and the poor doe's have been through god only knows as a result of being pushed pillar to post so are grouchy and the 'staff' have already filled their places and can't make exceptions:roll: Whichever way I try and fathom it I'm left feeling a bit worried about this, are you going to follow up on this with a report/letter?

:shock:
thank goodness they were found out about!! well done to all concerned:love:

my dream is to have a huge outdoor place for un-snuggly bunnies to just be safe to be just bunnies.....

Yeah my dream too!

Oh! I already do :lol::lol::lol:

But you know what, they just aren't unsnuggly. they are amazing! And theyve only been here for about an hour.

:shock: Quite worrying - I'm confused though, so they weren't aggressive when the RPSCA home checked the 'adopters' and rehomed them but they were when they were returned so deserved to be destroyed? There's something not right with this surely? It has to be a case of rehoming to people who don't know rabbits very well and or didn't realise the commitment/expense and the poor doe's have been through god only knows as a result of being pushed pillar to post so are grouchy and the 'staff' have already filled their places and can't make exceptions:roll: Whichever way I try and fathom it I'm left feeling a bit worried about this, are you going to follow up on this with a report/letter?

Yes :)

And? Fair enough I don't take in aggressive rabbits as I only have space for 1 group and I already have my quota but I do take aggressive rodents so assume there must be plenty of people who rehabilitate aggressive rabbits. Most of the time I'm sure a little understanding and neutering does the trick or just not trying to cuddle them at every possible opportunity.

And what? Are you suggesting that they should be PTS?:shock:

Cool, something's gone wrong somewhere, either the homechecker or the 'staff' dealing with the rabbits need training or they need to expand their 'facillity' rather than PTS when the animals are not actually to blame - they could have asked for the hutch from the 'adopters' or are they getting 'other' rabbits now that aren't aggressive, probably going out to get 2 baby ones from the pet shop - 2 brothers :roll: At least they are safe now, poor little loves. Well done you !:love:

And what? Are you suggesting that they should be PTS?:shock:

No no no, quite the opposite. I'm shocked they would even consider it. Aggression is normally just a front for what is going on under the surface. My and was directed at the RSPCA and their supposed diagnosis of "aggression" which quite frankly is meaningless.

I can see how aggressive dogs get PTS ( I don't agree with that either) as they can escape and attack someone or even attack a child in the home. How much damage can a rabbit possibly do assuming it is rehomed to an adults only home who are clued up about possible behaviour problems?

No no no, quite the opposite. I'm shocked they would even consider it. Aggression is normally just a front for what is going on under the surface. My and was directed at the RSPCA and their supposed diagnosis of "aggression" which quite frankly is meaningless.

I can see how aggressive dogs get PTS ( I don't agree with that either) as they can escape and attack someone or even attack a child in the home. How much damage can a rabbit possibly do assuming it is rehomed to an adults only home who are clued up about possible behaviour problems?

Oh OK I see what you mean, I thought you were saying they were doing the right thing by PTS - I think, at least hoped, that they would have the 'expertise' on board to assess the situation and at least try to establish why the rabbits are behaving that way, what might have caused it and then as you say if necessary apply a 'homing only to a suitable home with young adults/adults' etc - it's very odd and quite worrying given they never seem to be 'overun' with rabbits, makes you wonder how many others have suffered the same fate, not been so lucky.

Oh OK I see what you mean, I thought you were saying they were doing the right thing by PTS - I think, at least hoped, that they would have the 'expertise' on board to assess the situation and at least try to establish why the rabbits are behaving that way, what might have caused it and then as you say if necessary apply a 'homing only to a suitable home with young adults/adults' etc - it's very odd and quite worrying given they never seem to be 'overun' with rabbits, makes you wonder how many others have suffered the same fate, not been so lucky.

Exactly. The organisation that is meant to be the number one organisation in the country for knowing about animals, animal needs and animal welfare it really is worrying. Fair enough if an individual branch isn't really as clued up as they could be on a particular species but at least send them to a branch that is.

Back