• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 Years ago today, a rabbit found a forever home

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Its been 4 years today that I went to the RSPCA to look for a dog and came home reserving my first rabbit. I was 11, and my mum finnaly agreed that I can get a rabbit :D I remember looking at all the rabbits available for adoption, there was an agouti cross called Cracker who was reserved, a white conti and many other bunnies. None stood out as the perfect rabbit for me. We then went to look at the dogs ( that was what we came for), then i went back to the rabbit block for a second look and a gorgeous Broken chinichilla dwarf Lop had just been brought in, aged 6 months old :D Her rescue name was 'Maggie-may' someone must of liked Rod Stewart :lol: I asked the lady if i can hold her. it was the first time i had ever held a rabbit before. i fell in love with her :love: we signed the adoption papers were signed and she was now reserved under my name. I was too pick Maggie may up in 1 week :D
I later renamed her Penny as I thought i suited her more.
She was not an ideal first rabbit for an 11 year old, grumpy, scratchy, jumpy and hard to handle. But she was my Penny Monster. She has taught me how to care and handle rabbits and she is the reason why I am bunny mad. I love my Penny Monster and wouldn't change her for the world even 4 years on :love:

Last edited:
Back