• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I have solved what was up with Capri yesterday...

she is always grooming Mylo and have noticed her poo contains hair, so i think that must have caused a small blockage, and she is still pooing with hair in.

I would love to avoid it happening again, but obviously I cant stop her grooming him. Does anyone have any suggestions? She eats a LOT of hay.

Give her fresh pineapple (unless she has a very sensitive stomach)

Is she just over grooming him or is he moulting? If he's moulting you really need a furminator or something, even to just sit there and pluck the loose fur (it takes a long time but its worth it), rabbits can't be sick and fur blockages can do them a lot of harm

Give her fresh pineapple (unless she has a very sensitive stomach)

Is she just over grooming him or is he moulting? If he's moulting you really need a furminator or something, even to just sit there and pluck the loose fur (it takes a long time but its worth it), rabbits can't be sick and fur blockages can do them a lot of harm

I will try her with a bit of pineapple, will get some over the next few days.

He isnt moulting much, maybe a little bit and i brush him and get as much hair off that i can but she does groom him a lot!

you can only groom him more often to help..perhaps give her a few extra toys/things to investigate when he is moulting so she spends less time licking his fur

you can only groom him more often to help..perhaps give her a few extra toys/things to investigate when he is moulting so she spends less time licking his fur

I am going to order one of them brush things now so will keep brushing him to get rid of the loose hair. She has lots of toys but Mylo encourages her because she will be playing/messing with something and he will come upto her and keep shoving his head under her until she grooms him, hes a very demanding bunny :roll:

Last edited:
Back