• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo Question

Depends on the colour of your hay, if it's greener then the poos will be darker. I go by their consistency rather than the colour myself, you want them to be large, dry and crumbly, not small and hard.

Depends on the colour of your hay, if it's greener then the poos will be darker. I go by their consistency rather than the colour myself, you want them to be large, dry and crumbly, not small and hard.

:thumb:

Absolutely:thumb: If the buns are on grass like wildies the poops will be virtually black like wildie poops, but inside they'll be crumbly & all fibrous material. Perfectly healthy & normal.

yes golden are best, think my bunnies have an overload this week, maybe they want to help the garden :shock: :lol: my dad said its a good job they aren;t dogs :shock: :lol: the amount they have done

^^this:D

eric's are quite golden as he never goes out but esme's are quite dark as she eats a lot in the garden.

I've never experienced that, and I've fed some really green hay :?

But yes agree with the consistency being crumbly :D

Thanks guys. Was a little confused as some of Mishka and Sofia's poos were dark and small, wheras some where big and golden.

I've never experienced that, and I've fed some really green hay :?

But yes agree with the consistency being crumbly :D

I can definitely tell the difference when the bales are greener than when they are yellower. ;) and also when they've been out on the grass.

I can definitely tell the difference when the bales are greener than when they are yellower. ;) and also when they've been out on the grass.

Oh yeah I definitely notice the difference when they are out on grass, just never noticed with hay lol.

mine do large dark poos (but they are crumbly), i heard it is because I feed them on excell which causes their poos to be dark. They eat a lot of hay though so I know they are eating well.

rabbits on grass will have darker smaller poos but as others have said as long as they are crumbly thats fine.
The caecatrophs (that they usually re-ingest at night directly from the anus) are more golden brown and have a more plaited appearance or tiny grape like appearance.
(I have never seen black caecatrophs from rabbits on grass personally).

Sometimes bunnies will leave a caecatroph in the day if they have been disturbed while re-ingesting or if they have had a new foodstuff which may make the caecatrophs smell different .

sue:wave:

Bramble eats mostly Thimothy Hay and his poops are smaller and darker. Bungee eats Meadow Hay and her poops are golden and HUGE! :shock:

Back