• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have any experience with hernia's?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Bosley(my piggie) his hernia has got so big. I took him tot he vet and he thinks it is best to leave him be at the moment. It looks so big on his little body. Does anyone have any advice regarding hernia's in rabbits or piggies. Here is a picture
135167551.jpg

135167597.jpg

bless him, i have no advice im afraid, didn't want to look and run.can you not put this in health section?

not in piggies or buns, but my nans yorkie has a large hernia on her tummy, vet said best to leave it as it wasn;t causing any problems, but if it did then they would remove it

mabel got a hernia and had it seen to but this was because of her spey operation

Honey had 2 operations to reduce the hole in her hernia. I had the option to leave it or risk an operation. I chose to have the operation. First one was not a great success it did reduce the hole but not enough. I gave it another chance and the hole is small enough now.

If you leave it you need to monitor its size to ensure the intestines have not come through. If you need anymore info let me know.

Back