• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting moods

bugglebun

Alpha Buck
Sorry for making this quick ie not checked back threads to see if answered already, but little MangleWurzel is nesting again and her mood, as before, has changed. She seems very alert - ready to run away at the slightest noise...not so much nervous but apprehensive. Normally she's quite friendly and nosey. Is this 'normal' or just peculiar to her? :)

All unneutered females I had when I was younger changed dramatically when nesting and having phantom pregnancies. They were more jumpy, but the main change was a dislike of people and major hutch agression. We had to use oven gloves to put food in and had to clean the hutch out one part at a time, blocking the rabbit in one section whilst cleaning the other. They also spent an awful lot more time in the sleeping area.

so the answer is a very long-winded maybe ! :lol:

All unneutered females I had when I was younger changed dramatically when nesting and having phantom pregnancies. They were more jumpy, but the main change was a dislike of people and major hutch agression. We had to use oven gloves to put food in and had to clean the hutch out one part at a time, blocking the rabbit in one section whilst cleaning the other. They also spent an awful lot more time in the sleeping area.

so the answer is a very long-winded maybe ! :lol:

Thanks, that's fine. It is what she's like and she isn't neutered/spayed. Our local vet wouldn't do the girls as they are/were small (one died :cry:). So yes, helpful confirmation. :)

Both my departed does nested, one phantoming one for real, though both were "unusual" in that I could check everything and them in their hutch with no problems at all. The one who actually had kits actually left me to baby sit at a day old so she could have time in the garden! Having babie bunnies nudged towards you and being licked was weird and all bunny owners I spoke to back then said it was very weird how non-aggressive my nesting does were!

Back