• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisie had her teeth looked at without needing to be under GA!

mattyp

Warren Veteran
She just sat there like an absolute angel and let the vet use the scope to look inside! She didn't even bat an eyelid, just sat there giving the scope thing the occasional nibble!

Apparently she had perfect teeth, and given she is now over 3 years of age the vet was very impressed! :D Marvin wasn't so well behaved though :oops:

Anyone else have a very well behaved bunny? :D

Yes, Ginger.

She licks the ottoscope.

Even using the ottoscope, they can't see all of the teef without knocking them out :)

Glad she's oka thouh

Charlie let the vet have a look at his when he was awake too :)
His aren't quite so perfect but they're not a problem to him yet and shouldn't be for at least months yet

luckily i have two well behaved bunnies, although bisc does thump at the vet when he goes back in the carrier :lol:

it always looks like they could choke when they check their teeth with that thing... especially when they start chewing it.

matt had his checked this week and wouldn't move his tongue out the way! :lol:

Pie doesn't like her teeth being checked but for injections/drip etc she sits there like nothing is going on :love:
Oberon will sit through anything but his nails being cut.

Yes, Ginger.

She licks the ottoscope.

Even using the ottoscope, they can't see all of the teef without knocking them out :)

Glad she's oka thouh

Oh really? How many teef do rabbits have back there? I swear the scope was like a hole inch back :lol:

Is that that thing about an inch long ? Cutie-pie had it done on Saturday, although she was nervous and a bit wiggly she was fine.

When Sunshine had it done 2 months ago, he kept putting his tongue over his back teeth. He is a devil.:lol:

Oh really? How many teef do rabbits have back there? I swear the scope was like a hole inch back :lol:

28 :wave:

Rabbits have four incisors, two on the top, and two on the bottom. Right behind the top incisor teeth are two small peg-like teeth called auxiliary incisors or "peg teeth". In addition, rabbits have cheek teeth that they use to grind their food. These are the 6 upper premolars, the 4 lower premolars, 6 upper molars and 6 lower molars.

28 :wave:

Rabbits have four incisors, two on the top, and two on the bottom. Right behind the top incisor teeth are two small peg-like teeth called auxiliary incisors or "peg teeth". In addition, rabbits have cheek teeth that they use to grind their food. These are the 6 upper premolars, the 4 lower premolars, 6 upper molars and 6 lower molars.

:shock: I learn something new on here all the time. :wave:

She said they were fine though
Do they only thoroughly check if the teeth don't look so well?
My vet used her fingers and looked right in

My lot are very well behaved to have theirs looked at (I have a scope at home so to prepare them I put nommy things on the end so they started to associate it with nice things :))

She said they were fine though
Do they only thoroughly check if the teeth don't look so well?
My vet used her fingers and looked right in

You vet wouldn't have been able to see anything that way I'm afraid :?

I think they can see the inside edge of the teeth with the otoscope but not the outside edge? Which might be why a (brave!) vet might check with fingers I guess.

Back