• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter brothers.

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
has anyone else had anyluck in getting litter brothers nuetered and staying together into adult hood?

i have had people suggest keeping them together when there older i have no problem having them nuetered to stay together when older but i havent heard of many people with several males living together?

all info greatly appreciated.

horrid posts will be ignored :)

Last edited:
well we have several male/male bonds as well as male/male/female/female groups . . but none are litter mates. All were complete strangers until introduced!

However we will be trying this soon as we have a group of babies of whom at least two are male - they are only 7 weeks at present but will be trying to keep them as litter mates up until and then after neutering.

well we have several male/male bonds as well as male/male/female/female groups . . but none are litter mates. All were complete strangers until introduced!

However we will be trying this soon as we have a group of babies of whom at least two are male - they are only 7 weeks at present but will be trying to keep them as litter mates up until and then after neutering.

i have 3 litter brothers who havent had their plumbs dropped yet but when they do will go in the same day have them done and hope to keep them together.

but you only here horror stories about male male bonds it had me worrying:roll:

bisc and matt are brothers, they were neutered about 14 weeks i think, and have been living together since, very happily. :)

eta: they lived together before and after being neutered and were fine.

Last edited:
Tigger & Roo were brothers, neutered & lived happily together until they were 6 months.... Major fall out one day out of the blue. They were separated & each found a wife. :D

I'd like to know this too. What age would brothers start to fight if unneutered?

And missfloppy ears have you checked with your vet they will neuter early, because some wont till 6 months (you probably have but thought I'd say just in case).

I'd like to know this too. What age would brothers start to fight if unneutered?

And missfloppy ears have you checked with your vet they will neuter early, because some wont till 6 months (you probably have but thought I'd say just in case).

This varies.

I had a pair of brothers (who I now know where not full brothers due to their colouring and how the genetics worked) and they lived together, unneutered for 8 and a half years.

I have had many brothers divorce though, I think those two were unique.

I have had some who, had they been neutered at the 12 week mark, would have been fine.

Mostly though, they need to be separated, and some can be rebonded, not all of them.

This varies.

I had a pair of brothers (who I now know where not full brothers due to their colouring and how the genetics worked) and they lived together, unneutered for 8 and a half years.

I have had many brothers divorce though, I think those two were unique.

I have had some who, had they been neutered at the 12 week mark, would have been fine.

Mostly though, they need to be separated, and some can be rebonded, not all of them.

food for thought then really my guys all seem soppy and social at the moment but i suppose you just cant tell..

ill think about it see what we can do.

food for thought then really my guys all seem soppy and social at the moment but i suppose you just cant tell..

ill think about it see what we can do.

I'd try it and just keep a close eye on them, if they stay together great, if they dont you're still at the same stage as if you separate them now, assuming you dont get any major fights.

I'd try it and just keep a close eye on them, if they stay together great, if they dont you're still at the same stage as if you separate them now, assuming you dont get any major fights.

Make sure you can hear what's happening at dawn and dusk because those were always the times mine fought and if you see any stray blood in the cages check their penises incase one has humped the wrong way round and been bitten.

Dan & Clo are brothers, and their other brother, Blackie, went in with the father, Buttercup.

I had no idea about bonding when we put them in pairs :oops:

Originally they were a foursome, til hormones kicked in (well, the did in Blackie - everyone else was well behaved :lol:) so they were separated for neutering, and afterwards we put them in pairs, as there was too much 'biffing of Clover' in the foursome.

It was by no means a proper bonding process, but thankfully they are happy :)

I have several pairs of bonded (neutered) unrelated boys living together very happily :wave:

right i cant believe im saying this, but im biting the bullet im going to give them a chance. getting them nuetered and keeping together. im going to save now and then take them all on the same day. ill keep them indoors after nuetering anyway and hopefully they will just be ok...:?

Back