• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling very sorry for Biscuit right now :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
My little man is so frustrated, at what i can only attribute to his teeth.

He's digging like a bun possessed - worse than the normal JCBiscuit times :(

He looks really angry and keeps spitting out bits of hay. The house is covered with hay. Ginger's weeing everywhere other than the tray as each time she gets in, he digs at her to get out :(

Why can't things be easier :(

oh dear.. does he need a dental?

I know it probably wont do much good, but willow bark is meant to be a very mild painkiller, I think dandelion flowers are too? You can also get willow bark in (stronger) tablet form from health food shops.

poor biscuit....

oh dear.. does he need a dental?

I know it probably wont do much good, but willow bark is meant to be a very mild painkiller, I think dandelion flowers are too? You can also get willow bark in (stronger) tablet form from health food shops.

poor biscuit....

Yup. booked in for Friday.

I've been looking for willow, can't find it anywhere. Didnt know about Dandelions, but he's already on 0.6ml metacam - might call vet and ask if he's allowed anymore.

Yup. booked in for Friday.

I've been looking for willow, can't find it anywhere. Didnt know about Dandelions, but he's already on 0.6ml metacam - might call vet and ask if he's allowed anymore.

Is he on 0.6ml once a day? I give Nigel 0.4ml twice a day for his eye issues so maybe if the dose was spread over the day it would cover him for longer?

Is he on 0.6ml once a day? I give Nigel 0.4ml twice a day for his eye issues so maybe if the dose was spread over the day it would cover him for longer?

Yeah, 0.6ml per day. Same time every day. Currently waiting to speak to vet to see if i can split it. He seems to be really struggling today especially :(

Hes currently having a nap, thank god, i dont know what else i can for him today, he's destroying everything he comes into contact with. He's really grumpybun :(

Yeah, 0.6ml per day. Same time every day. Currently waiting to speak to vet to see if i can split it. He seems to be really struggling today especially :(

Hes currently having a nap, thank god, i dont know what else i can for him today, he's destroying everything he comes into contact with. He's really grumpybun :(

Blackie had 0.2ml (he was only 1kg) twice a day to keep him going before dentals.

I hope the vet agrees to a slightly higher dose for poor Biscuit.

I agree with splitting the dose- mine seem to do far better on a split dose than on one dose once a day.

Back